Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Magda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all, I have been doing a lot of research online about Belize. My fiance and I booked our flight and will land in Belize City on November 8th and we will be staying for a week. So far we think that we want to stay on Amergris Caye, but here is a list of things that we want to do on our trip:

1. The Blue Hole. Fiance is an experienced diver, but I don't dive. I do snorkel though and would really like to see The Blue Hole.

2. Manatees. I really want to see them in the wild. I see several places advertising this, but worry about the exploitatation of the animals. I was all set to go swimming with the dolphins in Tortola, but when I saw the dismal conditions that the animals were kept in, I couldn't do it.

3. Some type of cave tubing and cave exploration. I have a few anxiety issues, so I imagine I would not be able to handle anything too extreme, but it is definitely something I want to do.

4. Mayan ruins. I want to spend a day exploring some ruins.

5. A few days to just relax on the beach.

Are all of these things doable when one is staying on Ambergris Caye, or should we stay in another location for a few days? Thanks in advane for your help and any recommendations about reasonable tour companies would be greatly appreciated.

Seaduced by the Sea can set you up - [email protected]

There are a few other highly reputable companies here on the island that will guarantee you have a great trip at a reasonable price.

All of these are doable from AC. You will have a busy week however. It Defintly sounds like you will want to do the cave tubing/Lamanii trips. As for the Blue Hole great place to dive but there are better snorkel destinations. Have fun

Rough to do in one week unless you really like to stay busy. Don't get me wrong, it's doable -- just ambitious. You see, I like equal parts down time and spontaneous exploration along with the planned stuff.

You may want to consider 2-3 days based inland and 3-4 days on the caye to be a little more cost and time-effective.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
For information about ethical manatee tours check out this link on Swallow Caye Wildlife Sanctuary. Link

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

T
T
I would agree with Otterlam that with that many mainland trips on your agenda, you might consider staying on the mainland for a couple days. Then spend a few days in San Pedro.

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net
Magda Offline OP
OP Offline
What vaccinations do we really need before we go down there? I just called our local travel clinic and they told me that we need Hep A, typhoid, tetanus and diptheria as well as a malaria prescription.

I wouldn't do any of that IMHO those things aren't good for you and unless really necessary you should avoid them. Talk to a good doctor.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
The Blue Hole is best seen from the air, and after that from underwater. You won't really be aware of it by snorkelling it.

As to vaccinations, you shouldn't go at any hot country without Hep A. Ditto tetanus. Don't know that any of the others are essential, though probably a good idea. Beware that none of these gives 100% protection.

R
ron Offline
R
I've been going back and forth to Belize for the past 8 years and haven't taken any of the injections your doctor recommended specifically because I was going to Belize. I do get a tetanus shot to keep me current but has to do with working construction. When I lived in Nigeria, every Sunday afternoon I did drink 2 bottles of Guinness Stout for malaria. Now I use vodka and tonic. Both the stout and the tonic have quinnine in them and that was said to prevent malaria. Now it just helps the disposition.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.