Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Peter Jones #355275 10/21/09 08:10 AM

Peter Jones #355278 10/21/09 08:21 AM
T
TealH2O Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I totally agree with what Tcoats is saying, and appreciate the mature method of getting his point across. Some things others have said concern me, however, as a prospective investor I have been in communication with others who have purchased at the project that is coming to an end, north of the bridge. It is pretty much the general consent that the promises made by this developer have yet to come to fruition. The "these units will pay for themselves" have not even come close, the rental pools are a great concept, but the $$ isn't rolling in.
"The Theater will be finished by October"..well, he didn't say WHICH October.
The bookkeeping is shoddy at best, with condo fee invoices coming out sporadically. The owners know what their condo fees are, but don't know what the rental pool generates, what the overages or underages are, and have no idea what their payments would be. Often times if they do get invoices, they are inaccurate.
The septic tanks are there, where the effluent goes is unknown by me, but I understand from reading the posts that the lagoon is now polluted. I can't say from where the pollution comes, some say from the Holy Cross School, some say from the Septic system at RV. It would be interesting to know, before buying into another project, if this project is the contributor. I would never advise to invest in anything that cares so little about the environment, if indeed they are the culprit.
As for stating Mr. Pierce is now living in Belize, yes, from what I understand he is, and is a citizen, as is his wife. Have they sold their properties in the US? Or, are they keeping them as a "Safe Haven" should they be run out of town or decide that they "need to get home" with out fulfilling their promises?
As for starting SB without having the full permits in place, who is to blame? The officials for not doing their job and assessing a fine against them for not complying? or to Mr. Pierce for not obeying the rules? If there isn't a consequence, if there isn't a penalty, then the thought "it's better to seek forgiveness than permission" comes to mind. If there is a chance he can powder someones nose and get what he wants, isn't it human nature to go the "short route" than have to wait endless hours for permission?
I hope what ever he does he does well, and I wish anyone who has purchased one of his units is enjoying their slice of paradise. I know nothing will stop development, but think about it, when it's over built, and the water and surronding environment is dead, he can go home to the states, with your money, and not look back. Becoming a Belizian citizen is another way to gain your faith and trust. Is it only on paper? Or, does he truly feel that Belize is his home. I guess only time will tell. I pray he is a man of his word, and will keep the island as his top priority, and truly behave in a way that will keep everyone who supports him comfortable in their decision.

TealH2O #355280 10/21/09 08:33 AM
B
B
I agree mostly with enviromental. But there are other points. All but the very most expensive ( and they are not used here)septic systems will eventually leach to the sea. All water, rain, ground, and waste will leach to the lowest level.
I like where he makes a point that the people here that are already established are bitching the most.
I still think it will take years and years before Southbeach will ever begin to look like what it is projected to be.

RichieBl #355286 10/21/09 09:10 AM
JZB Offline
Originally Posted by RichieBl
[quote=ron]Does Mr. Pierce propose building a green community? Will the community be able to sustain its own electrical needs? Will he collect rainwater in a large scale way ....

Yes, Ron, these will be important questions in the future. But what I read from "environmental OK"'s message is that 90% of the people fighting South Beach never thought about these questions on their own property. They run a/c all year long, use the large flat screen TVs - on stand-by the whole day - have some fun in the hot tub and say: "I paid for the current!" and then they continue fight pretty nasty - that's my feeling about it and that's why I like the post of env.OK!

There you go assuming things. How do you know what I have in my home and how environmentally sensitive I am? And yes I do know what Mr. Pierce's plans are for utilities and trash, etc because I was at the EIA Meeting. were you?

Originally Posted by JZB
"...Your post is nothing but a bunch assumptions, speculations, ...It is very wrong and insulting to assume you know what we think ...

man - look into the post for South Beach! You all seem to know what Mr. Pierce thinks and plans and you post it every day.

Once again, I was at the EIA meeting and have read the assessment, did you?

Originally Posted by elbert
I would suspect Perice of posting this except for it being so immature.

yes, exactly - insulting, speculation and always the "right answer" about what Mr. Pierce would do and would have done and would think and would want etc. Elbert, I know that Mr. Pierce would never answer to your and others speculations in any forum; if he would he would make your message important and your messages definitely aren't!

There are very few people who are trashing Jeff Pierce as a person. Yes, I and many others have met him and you should not assume we have not. There are hundreds of people that believe South Beach is not the right development for this island for environmental reasons and simply because there is not enough infrastructure on this island to support another town.

Last edited by JZB; 10/21/09 09:11 AM.
JZB #355288 10/21/09 09:25 AM
Read the Master Plan - it was not written to give anybody a hard time - it was/is a plan to give us a balanced development path.

Thank you to both Travelinman and JZB for sensible and intelligent responses.

'Load of Crap' was to concise for you?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #355322 10/21/09 01:32 PM
R
R
I totally agree to what tcoats wrote. I'm pretty happy with his wise way to look at it - thank you very much tcoats

TealH2O #355323 10/21/09 01:49 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by TealH2O
isn't it human nature to go the "short route" than have to wait endless hours for permission?

Yes, for some people it is. These are the people who will steal so long as they believe they can't be detected and will think nothing of it. I prefer to deal with people I know I can trust not to steal from me, even when they know that I don't know what I've left lying around. Yes, there are still people like that around. Similarly there are developers on this island whom I trust not to do anything deceitful even when they know they could get away with it. Yes, some of them exist as well.

TealH2O #540610 02/14/20 07:45 AM
Hello Josh.... It appears you are responding to posts from 2009.... The project did not happen..... The area that was known as South Beach is now being developed as Tarpon Bay.... A beautiful and responsible group of single home/business owners. If you are on the island you might want to take a look ..... smile Happy Friday to you

Last edited by Judyann H.; 02/14/20 07:46 AM.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.