Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I JUST GOT BACK FROM STAYING AT JOURNEYSEND RESORT AND TOOK A GROUP OF 16 WITH ME. THE RESORT LOOKS GREAT AND THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL AS USUAL. THE STAFF THERE MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY. THE WEATHER WAS GREAT AND NO BUGS. THEY LOST ABOUT 2/3 OF THERE TREES BUT THEY ARE PLANTING LIKE CRAZY. SOME OF OUR GROUP WALKED DOWN TO CAPTAIN MORGANS FOR LUNCH AND THEY ALL COMMENTED THAT THEY LIKE THE FRIENDLYNESS OF JOURNEYS END MUCH BETTER. THIS IS MY SECOND TIME THERE AND I WOULD GO BACK AGAIN SOON

R
R
deborah s....heard they lost about 30% of the coconut palms...2/3's of all trees?? Please elaborate more on your vist. What was on the menu? How were the tours? How did the place look overall? What kind of room did you stay in......etc., etc., etc...I'm coming April 13th...

D
OP Offline
D
Ralph, the place looks great, I stayed at Journeysend last year and thought it was great then. Yes they did lost some of there palms and trees, but they are planting like crazy and will grow fast. Flowers are in bloom and more flowers being planted. They have new management and I met them all. The staff there are wonderful, Jose the tour director will help you line out different tours. I line out two tours with him for my group, one was Altun Ha the ruins which was great and worth the money. Another one is the sail to Caye caulker with two stops on snorkling with the rays and shark alley. This was great. One they you have to remember when staying at Journeysend and some other resorts, is that it isnt for everyone. If you think you will be at a 4 star resort its not, you are in a third world country and they have suffered alot of distrution due to hurricane Keith and some of the beach between the propertys have not been cleaned up. Journeysend is clean and the staff work very hard to keep it clean. I stayed in a pool cabana and loved it. Lot of other people in my group like the oceanfront ones too. I would not stay in the lagoon ones though, they do need abit more work. I miss it now that I am back. I look forward to going back next year. Great place to dive also, steve the dive master is really great. You will love susan the head waiter and director, she so funny. And I cant forget Mr como, and Fred and of course danny. Say hi to all of them.

R
R
Thanks deborah. We pick up our tickets this week..so this is all curiosity. What's to eat (i.e. what's on the menu)? We got the meal plan for breakfast and lunch. They sent us a menu for breakfast (looks excellent). Curious what you had to eat? How long did it take to get a flight from Belize City to San Pedro and then get to JER. We're landing at around 11:30 AM..just wondering (assume no other delays) how fast we can jump in the water and snorkle. Anything we need to bring that's not provided (assume they have beach towels?). I understand that you are a travel agent..but I'm guessing that your positive response was a personal one. Anyone catching fish off the dock (my son's asks this?). THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ralph

D
OP Offline
D
Yes Ralph I am a travel agent, and there are bonefish that come close to the docks, one of our guys caught several, also just up along the beach on the flats from JE you can wad out to your knees and fish. Try Reef fishing for a 1/2 day,you can catch yellow fin snapper and Baracudas. JE will clean it and prepare it for dinner, fresh fish is wonderful. Its two hours from IAH to BZE and then you take Tropic Air From BZE to San pedro, just a 14 seater. Make sure JE knows what time you are coming in so they will be there to pick you pu by water taxi, Just a 5- 7min ride up to JE. The dinners are wonderful. They post there menus everyday. Also try Capicorn for dinner one night,its the best. The crab cakes are wonderful. Its about 1/2 mile south of JE. Call for reservations though. Also Rendezvous is next door a french Thai restaurant. alittle expensive but great food and excellent wine. You will love the staff at JE. JE has compimentary water taxi into San Pedro a couple times a day, but you can also buy a tkt $5.00 us or $10 bze a fidos dock for return to JE later in the evenings.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
deborah - i was there last august, and i thought the staff was the best thing too. susan is funny. she had her son with her too, then, as school was on break. mr como and i have the same birthday - 10-26-63. i told him he must be my soul brother! jose is nice too. was roberto still there? he was my favorite (TOTALLY flaming!). he was hilarious. i agree about steve too. did you see him on "temptation island"? he got quite a bit of air time on the second-to-last show.

my favorite on site meal was the paella for dinner. the pancakes for breakfast. my favorite at rendezvous was the thai lobster. awesome.

R
R
Deborah S. and Jane-in-PA..and everyone else...thanks again for all of the info. I've been watching the board since early November...we leave in about 5 weeks. This message board is perfect. I don't think there is any information that one can't find...or someone would't offer to find for you. Planning and reading all of this makes waiting 5 months go by very fast (relatively speaking). Not done planning, reading and asking questions yet...but wanted to give you guys (and Marty, Edd, etc., etc...) a preliminary thanks...! Ralph

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 241 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.