Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
When I fly into Belize City, we thought I might then immediately fly to Placencia where my daughter would be waiting. However, to get there, she will be coming from Caracol. Is that doable for her? what would the route be, the expense and the timing? Because I'm thinking it would be safer, and much faster for me to meet her in San Ignacio. but we wanted to do beach before jungle since that is what she will be coming from. ideas?

also, where to stay in San Ignacio? I got two quotes from a couple jungle resorts but they seem quite pricey to me. thanks

Cahal Pech Village Resort,about $75.00 a night in San Ignacio has always been fine for me. Overlooks the valley and the rooms are basic, but the fresh (You squeeze) orange juice is the best anywhere. Nice atmosphere. Caracol is about 1:45 minutes east of there. I don't know about the road any farther on from Caracol, if there is a real road further on.

Last edited by champion; 10/23/09 03:56 PM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
M
M
Daughter can first get a bus to Belmopan.

From Belmopan, there are a few options, so it would be best to ask at the bus terminal if she can get:
1) a direct bus to Placencia, or
2) a bus to Dangriga and change to another bus to Placencia, or
3) a James bus to Mango Creek/Independence and then get the Hokey Pokey water taxi over to Placencia.

The bus trip should be 3 to 4 hours (also depends on waiting time) and cost about BZ$12.

F
OP Offline
F
thanks, very helpful - I emailed it to her. I also said I would pay if she wanted to fly from Dangriga, but depends on the cost. It is costing me close to 100 to fly from Belize City to Placencia!

not to mention the air to get to BZE. but hey, it's going to be great!

I think she has to go to San Ignacio from Caracol. I don't think there is a road to the coast.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.