Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J DOG Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't usually do trip reports but this one was very special so here goes!
This was my 23rd trip to San Pedro and one of the best ever.
My daughter Kimberly & David were married the week before and were on their Honeymoon and asked my wife and I to go with them. We are celebrating our 40th. Anniversary.
We arrived in Belize City at 2:45 and were on the 3:30 Tropic flite to San Pedro, the short flight to S.P. was beautiful as ever.
The new Tropic Terminal is really nice, love the round aquarium.
Grabbed a cab and headed off to The Blue Tang as usual and the newly weds stayed at Paradise Villas in a beach front Condo which is right next door.
Special thanks to Simon of Lagniappe for the beautiful flower arrangement and fruit basket and case of ice cold Belikin and other goodies.
It was trully a priceless moment when we walked into the condo with them and saw the look on their faces.
I know everyone has their own special place to stay and ours is the Blue Tang, they treat us like family.
After downing a couple of ice cold Belikins in the room we grabbed the kids and strolled down to Cholo's Beach bar and had some Run punch and a couple more beers and then down to Mojitos Bar at the Sunbreeze Suites.
More Rum punch & awesome Mojitos & shots. Carlos is still the Bartender there, I asked him if he knew Kevin or Junior as some of you know him by, He was the Waiter at the old Jade Garden & Ambergris Delight.
Carlos said they went to High School together & was out on Front St. doing his Bar-B-Que chicken right now. I walked out the side door & there he was, I talked to him for a bit & he came back & had a few drinks with us & we had a blast!!
We left there & headed down to Calientes for dinner. David & I had Maya Mar & the girls weren't too hungry & just had Chicken nachos.
Very nice start to the trip, We were all very tired & went to bed early, but we are here & it is Awesome! Like coming Home! The reef is beautiful as ever!
Woke up to a beautiful day in San Pedro, We ate breakfast at the Blue Tang! Good as always. Orange juice, little pancakes and good coffee & watermelon that was so sweet.
We went out on Paradise Villa's pier and swam in the Ocean, the water was so warm 84-85 I would guess.
I rented the Blue Tang golf cart for half the day & we all went North across the bridge to Ak Bol for lunch & sunning & drinks of course.
Ak Bol is a very beautiful place with a great bar & pool, good food & killer view.
On the way back we stopped at Dreadys Coco loco bar just across the bridge on your right.
Dready makes da best rum punch I've ever had, I gave him a Bob Marley t-shirt I had bought for him in Yellow Springs, Ohio. He loved it!
That evening we all went on a Sunset cruise on the Blue Tangs beautiful wooden Sailboat The Sirena Azul. The weather was perfect, good rum punch & lots of beers.
We sailed past the southern tip of Ambergris Caye & back. The stars were so beautiful, we could see the Milky Way so clearly. Just gorgeous!
Dinner at the Blue Water Grill was fabulous! We shared Key Lime pie for desert WOW! was it yummy!
Tues. Another beautiful start to the day in San Pedro, We had breakfast here at the Blue Tang which is really good considering it comes with the room.
I walked over to Cholo's & rented a golf cart for the next 4 days, I gave it to Kimberly & David for the day so they could explore the Island.
For lunch I walked over to Kevin's & got some Bar-b que chicken & bought it back, good stuff!
Dinner that nite was at the Sunset Grill, David got to feed the Tarpon & we had a great sunset & fantastic meal.
They are building Condos in conjunction with the Restaurant starting at $239,000 with boat slips & a pool. Nice but I prefer the ocean side over the lagoon. Went to Wet Willies & listened to Dennis wolfe for a while & had a few more drinks & left the kids & called it a nite.
Breakfast at Estel's the next morning, I love that place, the kids ate there a couple of tines & liked it. They also ate breakfast at a Cuban coffee shop they said was really good on Front St.
We snorkeled off the pier at Paradise Villa's & saw lots of pretty little fish, It's a great pier they have steps into the water and a nice big sandy area with no sea grass to swim in.
We all headed down to B.Cs for drinks & lunch. great chicken nachos & buritos at B.C.s & they are HUGE!
Kimberly ,David & I went to Hol Chan & Shark ray Alley that afternion with Lil Alphonse.
This guy is amazing, I can't think of anyone better to go there with than Alphonse, He made Kimberly & David feel so comfortable in the water & let them hold the nurse sharks & sting rays & feel very safe doing so, I was trully amazed by this guy.
That night Kimberly & David dropped us off at one of our favorite restaurants El Patio, but it was closed.
They went to El Divino & had Burgers that they said were very good & BIG!
We walked down to Caliente & my wife had her favorite Ginger Rum Shrimp. The chicken drop was going on & I think all the tourist's were there about 20 of them, the most people we saw all week.
The next day we all went to Caye Caulker, we took the San Pedro Express for $10 Belize R.T each.
Caye Caulker was dead, but we loved it. Headed straight to the split & were the only ones there besides 4 or 5 locals.
It was awesome we had the split to ourselfs & the Lazy lizard was open & making awesome drinks.
We snorkeled & dove off the wall & sat in the water on the picnic tables & got hammered, a few hrs. later we had to head back to catch the last water taxi. Stopped at Sea Side Cabana which is where we stay when we overnite in C.C.
Had drinks at the Uno Mas Bar there, our bartender-taxi driver is still there & let us swim in the pool.
Back to S.P.
The kids dropped us off at the Reef Restaurant for dinner, they have painted & cleaned the Restaurant up a little bit on the inside, still has the sand floors, I like that!! Gives it the "Old" San Pedro feel. A day to remember for sure!
Breakfast pool side at the Blue Tang for our last day, what a life, or at least for a week of my life- it's all GOOD!
Wife David & Kimberly lounged around the pool. I had a half bottle of Crown left so I hopped in the cart & went down to Dreadys bar, there were 2 locals there & Dready was still wearing his Marley T-shirt & we killed off the rest of the crown.
We stopped at Playa lounge on the beach that nite, very nice place, big sofa's & chairs arranged in conversation pits with fluffy pillows & good music. We all thought the drinks were less than average, but the place was nice.
Off to Hidden Treasures for dinner. what a nice restaurant, good food and excellent service, awesome key lime pie. A very nice ending for the honeymoon/Anniversary trip!
In closing I must say it was so nice driving the cart thru town and not being bumper to bumper.
We had 6 beautiful, I mean beautiful days. Sun all day, a few white puffy clouds, but not much! Almost no rain- just beautiful!
Another week in Paradise!
Thank You San Pedro!!

J Dog & Family

Thank you J dog. Nice report.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
JDog,
Sounds like you and your family had a great time.
I was also at Wet Willies on Tuesday the 13th (I was the Gringo playing the Electronic drums that night with Dennis). Maybe we will meet next time you are down. smile

JDog, 23 trips! You hate the place as much as I do!! Great to know, I have so much to look forward to! Hell I'm just a newbie!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
L
L
Very nice report, sounds like a fabulous time. 3 weeks come soon!

Beautiful, JDog - thanks for the trip report. Post some pics if you get a sec.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Pure happiness and joy! Another great report.

Dare To Deviate

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.