Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35585 03/07/01 12:50 PM
Inflation has moved a rum and coke up to $1.75-$2.00 US at most places. Hard to spend more than $2.50 US for a mixed drink of adequate proportions in SP. There are of course always the exceptions, particularly if you opt for some exotic tropical umbrella thingy or something else equally as weird (I wonder what that would be?).

#35586 03/07/01 12:55 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks you guys for the contribution.... I think I can handle 2 bucks for a drink....better than the 4 to 6.00 you spend here in Philadelphia for a drink, and oh what a much better atmosphere to enjoy my rum and coke!

[This message has been edited by AC Beach Bum (edited 03-07-2001).]

#35587 03/07/01 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hey beach bum, i am in doylestown, bucks county. where r u???

#35588 03/07/01 02:31 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Jane-- AC message board veteran-- I live in the Main Line area, right outside of the city, I'm sure you are familiar. I am in Bryn Mawr to be exact. I have been browsing the various posts between you, your friends, and other wonderful people and I feel completely confident that this will be an excellent vacation- all the great contributions have provided me with suggestions on where to stay, where to eat, where to swim, who provides the best day trips, and now-- even what drinks to have-- I LOVE IT!! I am going alone and I know that the warmth and friendliness of the island will put me right at ease!!

Boy did they sure call that blizzard wrong.... all I can think of it Belize with this ugly weather we are having.

So, thank you and everyone else for the generous advice and uncommon sense of commraderie.

Megan

[This message has been edited by AC Beach Bum (edited 03-07-2001).]

#35589 03/07/01 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
megan, hope you have a great time. everyone is so nice there. please post us upon your return, give us a travologue!

yeah, "storm of the decade" ha! i just heard more snow tomorrow night....born in the NE, i grew up in fort washington. lived in PA all my life.

#35590 03/07/01 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh, if you are from bryn mawr, you must like fine things. i had a great meal at rendezvouz. it is up north, and you can get there by water taxi (make sure they are open, post keith). it is a gourmet place that serves "french/thai infusion" cuisine. i had lobster thai style. mmmmmmmm. and spicy!!! they make their own wines that hubby said were very good. the chef (the owner) cooks barefoot!

#35591 03/08/01 11:35 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Jane-

I may LIVE in Bryn Mawr but this is strictly a "no frills" vacations! Read- earlier posting about cheap drinks...staying at Rubies and seeing the sights on a tight budget. I hope to return someday (planning on it already and I have not even been yet) and visit some more of the upscale restaurants and hotels. Sun+drinks+new people+adventure= my only vacation criteria:-)

#35592 03/08/01 07:38 PM
B
B
Hello Bum #2

Fidos will have Jimmy Buffet style tunes till after Midnight. Have many Belikens. Barry stole the Bud recipe [Linked Image]
There isn't that much beach in San Pedro, so as one Beach Bum to another take a day trip over to Caye Caulker.
Enjoy AC- it's a great place.

BTW- My Family is in Philly, but this BB had to move to the FL beach years ago.

#35593 03/09/01 10:37 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Hey BB!!

I've contemplated the escape to the south several times myself, for now I will have to settle for summers at the Jersey shore and late winter escapes to warmth.

Thanks for the suggestion of Caye Culker. I have been reading various posts that have lead me to the conclusion that AC beaches are not the most conducive to swimming and sunning. So if I want to lounge on pristine beaches and swim in clear waters, CC is the place to go?? That's good to know because my budget conscious hotel choice does not have a pool. Who goes all the way to Belize to hang by a pool anyway:-)

Thanks again and I will give my report as soon as I return. 13 days to go!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.