Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
HeadyM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
My husband and I are just about to book our first trip to the area and I am soooo nervous to pick the right place and get all the right info. I want it to be perfect of course. We are debating between the Belizean Shores, Coco Beach Resort, and Xanadu Resort. Belizean is much cheaper but I dont want to sacrifice too much. We want a good location! Any advice?
Is there a gym on the island?
Any info is really appreciated!

They are all excellent choices. Belizean Shores has a bar, restaurant and dive shop, more rooms, so probably a little busier than the other 2 resorts. Coco Beach is more tranquil, less amenities. Xanadu is 1 mile south of town, easier road access if you like to wine and dine and then enjoy the nightlife - although the boat ferrys are available to get you home if you choose to go up north.

There are a few gyms on the island - the newest is the Train Station which is in town close to the bakery. Oscar's is closest to the bridge and the San Pedro Fitness Club is about 1/2 mile south of town.

Belizean Shores has a most amazing pool but Xanadu's units, layout and ambiance are hard to beat. It is a much smaller property than the other two.

I haven't been out to Coco Beach since it was being built, so can't say too much about it, except that the pool area looked like it was going to be pretty fabulous. The one unit I was in, was a super large, so probably pretty expensive in the scheme of things.

I can ony speak for myself, but I like to be closer to town for ease of access to restaurants and nightlife. At Xanadu, you will find both tranquility, intimacy and the ease of access.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

H
HeadyM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you so much! So far.. very helpful. I think we want to be closer to town too. I am open to other hotel options too. I have looked at so many but trying to stick with the top ones.

The other "top" one close to town that is more of a hotel (rather than condo) caribbean resort property would be Victoria House.

H
HeadyM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
We would definitely prefer to be closer to town but I love the way the Coco Beach looks more plush.. and it would be a little less. wink

H
HeadyM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Victoria House looked great but nothing available. Same with the Cayo Espanto, which I would love to stay at.

H
HeadyM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Would anyone think it would be worth while staying in Belize City a night? I love to experience everything possible.

Geez, I wouldn't bother with that . . .how much time have you got?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

If you like the looks of Coco Beach go for it and get an umlimited pass for one of the ferry's and go to town whenever you choose!

Coco
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.