Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
I have been through the pitch at CM and it was very low pressure (I was prepared for battle after having experienced a few of these in Cancun) - we (2 couples) stayed for dinner and had a great time with the staff and guests.

J
J

>Do you think Captain Morgan's will give tours to two men traveling together, not with their wives?

LOL...well to be honest I'd say yes. While we were being informed why we weren't eligible, we brought up some of the various scenarios. We were told, if we were gay we could buy, if we were widows we could buy, if we were men we could buy, if divorced we could buy....but NOT if we were married women without husbands with us!

The sad thing is, Capt Morgan's I was told, was owned by Tombstone Pizza. An American company adding insult to injury! Not to mention...wondering now if married women also need their husband's with them at the food stores wink

To each their own when buying timeshares ...but if you're a married women, I'd think twice about supporting this place. JMHO

Jazz
Being single, I would still think twice... But thanks for the advice on how to get them off my trail. "I am sorry but my husband says no." Brilliant strategy.

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
E
E
My wife and I went to a US Ford car dealer about 10 years ago to buy her a car, with HER MONEY. I went to the restroom for a minute, my wife asked the salesman a question. he said we must "wait until your husband returns"

Toyota got that sale. Dumb salesperson

Originally Posted by Jazzriel

>Do you think Captain Morgan's will give tours to two men traveling together, not with their wives?

LOL...well to be honest I'd say yes. While we were being informed why we weren't eligible, we brought up some of the various scenarios. We were told, if we were gay we could buy, if we were widows we could buy, if we were men we could buy, if divorced we could buy....but NOT if we were married women without husbands with us!

The sad thing is, Capt Morgan's I was told, was owned by Tombstone Pizza. An American company adding insult to injury! Not to mention...wondering now if married women also need their husband's with them at the food stores wink

To each their own when buying timeshares ...but if you're a married women, I'd think twice about supporting this place. JMHO

The principle owner did in fact start and own that pizza but has long since sold it to Kraft foods. He does still have a skybox at Greenbay.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
F
F
I was PROMISSED that we could book anywhere anytime when we purchased the time share. In 11 years of owning a time share I have not once been able to book at my first, socond, or third choice. I have tried for the last 6 years to book into Banyan bay and have never succeded. This is all with a, supposedly, premier excange location in Maui.

I was even told at one point during the presentation of the time share that the "free/bonus" exchanges we recieved as a signing bonus would be good for anything anywhere. They even told us that we could book in New Orleans anytime as long as it was not during Mardi Gras. Well...after having no success booking ANYTHiNG with the bonus weeks I tried New Orleans. No chance anytime anywhere wit bonus weeks.

This is only the first week that we purchased, we have two more weeks that were inherited. I cannot GIVE them away, literally.

I have a ton more stories about time shares that should disuade anyone, anywhere from buying. Including a promise of the fees never going over $100 and after 2 years thee fees are $547. This is not an exhaguration.

I tried at one pint to book our "normal" on Maui. I started with the attempt 18 months prior to going. When we finally got a week there it was 7 bloks off the beach and did not even have a balcony.

The first year after p;urchasing a time share in Maui we decided to go back to Hawaii, the form that you fill out tol tell the exchange company what you want inluded questions of your preference. I made only 2 requests: 1 we have aview of the ocean, and 2 that we have a balcony. Pretty simple. I was pretty naive at this time and when the RCI (time share company) called and said they had a place I assumed that it would meet my request. When We got there we were 2 blocks off of the beach and had no balcony!!!!

You want more????? PM me.

No, you have said enough. I can feel your pain. I personally have never tried to use the timeshare exchange program, only to say with I.I. they have what is called getaways (timeshare units at a bargin) which I have used with great success. When I bought at Morgans, I never wanted to go anywhere else (country wise). I think a lot of it has to do with where you purchase. Some places Are more desirable thus harder to get to as opposed to say, S. Flordia and the like. I would bet that if you tried to get a unit in Phoenix (not that anybody would want to) it would be a snap.

Last edited by champion; 01/20/10 06:52 PM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
We have owned at Captain Morgans for 6 years. During that time we have traded various weeks for St. Maarten, Aruba, Cayman, Sedona etc. We have received bonus weeks each time and just gave one of them to our daughter and her husband. They just came back from St. Maarten. RCi and Interval are two different animals. I have heard many bad things about trying to trade RCI. We have never had a problem exchanging or using bonus weekds. Their getaways are great too, just like Champion said.

Last edited by Renee-md; 01/21/10 08:34 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.