Hello Ambergris Caye, we are going to be first time visitors in February. Staying at Debbie's Beach. Is this property accessible by golf cart ? And I've been looking at Wikopedia google, and trying to locate the property.. Does anyone know the names of properties close to Debbie's beach, if we knew the neighboring properties we might be able to locate Debbie's Beach on the map.
One more question, are there kayaks available to rent in the area...
thanks in advance for any replies, we are looking forward to our visit to AC.
Hi Neil - I live in Mata Grande, about 4.5 miles north of town. I don't know of Debbie's beach - hopefully the owner can give you some landmarks after which the rest of us can chime in with some local info. It's really beautiful in this area and I hope you are going to have an incredible stay. Let us know a little more about the distance from town or what the place looks like and I am sure you will get some good advice from folks in the area.
Debbies beach house is next door to the White Sands Cove Resort in the Buena Vista area. The WSCR has kayaks they will rent you and the guy to see there is Marlon. Golf cart is doable Its closer to town than most resorts , don't get me wrong the road is bad ...but not as bad as parts that are farther North. I think you'll like Debbies Beach House its very nice and well taken care of .
Debbie's beach house is super nice and is in a great location - quiet, yet close enough to town for most. In your immediate area, try yoga at Ak'bol in the mornings (9AM) they also have great breakfast. Aji's is within walking distance for a nice dinner and they have a little market (called LuLu's) that will have all of your staples. Lazy Croc is open on Friday through Sunday for the best BBQ anywhere.
thanks for the reply regarding Debbie's Beach. Trying to locate it on Wikimapia though. I can see Saphire Beach Resort, Habaneros,Casa Bella, Portofino beach resort, Green Parrot Beach Bar, Belize Island Beach House, Bill & Barb Silkinson, Mata Chica, Azul, Sundiver/MataGrande, Caye Villas, and Los Encantos.
Do you know is Debbies Beach house anywhere in this region.
Neil D, There is a North/South geographical oddity that people have on Ambergris 20% of the island is referred to as South and the other 80% is referred to as North. Debbie Beach House is at about 2.5 miles North of town center.
Thanks Snoopysmom, we are starting to get it narrowed down. I can see Captain Morgans on Wikimapia, but the next to locations that have identification on them are El Pescador Lodge, and then Ak Bol a bit farther south. Do you know if Debbiess Beach is close to one of these. You mentioned White Sands, How close is the white sand property to Capain Morgans..?
thanks so much for your response again, we're having fun dreamin a little about our upcomming visit.