Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#359522 11/30/09 01:41 PM
W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I will be staying a couple miles north of town and thought it woudld be nice to kayak to town one day. I have a lock and some cable to secure it, but is there a dock I can leave it at or should I look for something on the beach to lock it to?

Probably easy enough to take a cable and lock it to a dock --- probably should check the plan out before the kayak day. Not sure what to say about the paddle. Maybe plan to lock up an a dive shop and ask them to watch the kayak and paddle?

S
S
Or just carry the paddle with you and use it on the time share salesmen...

P
P
An alternative to dive shops would be somewhere like Searious. They would be my choice as there's little traffic on their dock that they don't know about.

Are not the north sides of docks open for short term (couple of hours) docking? I know the south sides are for owners of the docks only but was told a few years ago about using the north side.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
The north sides are generally supposed to be open to the public, but sometimes just like a busy public street, the spaces are all taken at the time you want to park.

T
T
Pull the kayak up to the beach and then lock it to the dock post on the beach. You can leave the paddle with a bar or any well established business as long as you buy a drink or something. This will be fun but be sure to keep a sharp eye out as there is lots of boat traffic on the north side of town as well as in town. Ive seen folks do this and park on the beach at BC's and it's a great place to sit for a beverage after a long paddle.

L
L
take it to Fido's dock there are always random boats tieing up there, just be sure to lock it or it will disapear.

Affordable family friendly environment for locals and visiters to enjoy! www.legendsburgerhouse.com
S
S
Kayaking TO town will be fun/easy... it's the trip back north (against the prevailing wind) that is gonna be a good work out!!!

W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks for the info everyone, should be lots of fun, and yes a workout too!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.