Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
hazzyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Brand New. Never Used HP. Selling the following for $1500. Comes with Windows 7 and Neoprene Carrying Case. 665-8605 or message me here.

Ideal for work and play, this netbook features a built-in webcam with an integrated digital microphone, wireless connectivity and a 10.1" antiglare widescreen display, allowing you to surf the Web and video chat on the go.

What's Included

• HP Mini Netbook with Intel® Atom� Processor
  • 6-cell lithium-ion battery
  • AC power adapter/cable
  • Software: HP QuickSync; Microsoft Works 9.0, Windows Live, Media Player 11; CyberLink Power2Go; Adobe Reader, Flash Player and more
  • Owner's manual

Product Features

• Intel® Atom� processor N270
    Features a 533MHz frontside bus, 512KB L2 cache and 1.6GHz processor speed.
  • 1GB DDR2 memory
    For multitasking power, expandable to 2GB.
  • 10.1" WSVGA LED-backlit antiglare widescreen display
    With 1024 x 600 resolution for a clear view of movies and graphics.
  • 160GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
    Provides plenty of storage space and fast read and write times.
  • Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    With 128MB total available graphics memory for lush images. High-definition audio.
  • Built-in HP webcam and digital microphone
    Make it easy to video chat with and send video mail to family and friends.
  • 5-in-1 digital media reader
    Supports Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card and MultiMediaCard formats and lets you easily transfer photos from your digital camera.
  • 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
    For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
  • Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)
    So you can easily connect to your local area network or a wireless hotspot.
  • Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN
    With RJ-45 connector allows you to connect to the Internet easily.
  • Weighs 2.9 lbs. and measures just 1.3" thin
    For lightweight portability. 92% full-size keyboard for comfortable typing.
  • Extended battery life
    Of up to 8 hours to give you more time away from an outlet.
  • HP Black Swirl Imprint finish
    Adds a touch of style to the netbook.
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition operating system preinstalled
    Provides a stable computing platform.
  • Software package included
    With Microsoft Works 9.0, CyberLink Power2Go and more included. 60-day trial of Microsoft Office Home & Student Edition 2007 also included.
  • ENERGY STAR qualified
    Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.

hazzyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Bump

B
B
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Mini+Netbook+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Atom%26%23153%3B+Processor+-+Black/9545147.p?skuId=9545147&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9545147&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218122580574

Just a thought, you might have better luck if you reduce your price a bit. Same computer at Best Buy is half your price, again, just a thought. I have also heard there is no customs duty on computers, is this true or false.

I have always thought it terribly unfair that electronic resellers in Belize gouge customers so deeply. Supply and Demand perhaps.

T
T
I have also heard there is no customs duty on computers, is this true or false.

True. Computers or computer parts imported for personal use are duty free, although you might still have to pay GST.

However, computers or parts imported for resale ARE subject to duty and GST, I believe the duty is around 20 per cent.

FYI you can buy a brand new mini Acer computer with the same specs (but with a smaller battery, I think) at Fultec for around $900 bzd.

hazzyy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by beachbumin
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Mini+Netbook+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Atom%26%23153%3B+Processor+-+Black/9545147.p?skuId=9545147&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9545147&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218122580574

Just a thought, you might have better luck if you reduce your price a bit. Same computer at Best Buy is half your price, again, just a thought. I have also heard there is no customs duty on computers, is this true or false.

I have always thought it terribly unfair that electronic resellers in Belize gouge customers so deeply. Supply and Demand perhaps.

Now you just have to add the cost of a round trip ticket to the nearest Best Buy, or did that one in Belize City open up yet? How much did you pay for your golf cart? You know they sell at Club Car dealers in the U.S. for less than half price what you will pay in Belize.

I realize that most users in the forum probably have access to merchandise in the U.S., either they make frequent trips or have friends that do; so this price probably seems high. But it's actually just under local prices for the same netbook.

This one was brought into Belize and declared and paid duties on. This price is what the HP sells for in the city minus Windows 7 and the simple neoprene case I have for it and shipping via Tropic or a round trip boat ticket.

The Acer's always sell for less and I find that some people love Acer brand devices but most of my customers always have complaints about them. Not shooting down any Acer fan's, just speaking from experience.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.