Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone coming down that has spare room for a few supplies? If so, there is a fine bottle of wine or Sangria (your choice) in your future smile

What are you after? Have a friend coming down in 2 weeks. If items are small they might be able to accommodate - and I have heard nothing but great things about your wine making skills!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the compliment! I just need a few bottling supplies - corks and the shrink wrap packets (and perhaps more if they have room) - will PM you. I usually have them shipped, but cannot always depend on the delivery dates and need this before Christmas.

Can you reuse corks. I have many from years of drinking (if I can find the bag) and can bring some in Feb.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your offer! I do re-use bottles (so grateful to those here on the island who are saving their bottles for me!), but it's not really a good idea to re-use the corks (can carry mold or bacteria and may not create a firm seal). Plus, they are pretty cheap anyway. I use my old ones in my garden / potting soil to help aeration (in a pot, try putting several in the bottom of the pot to help the water drain).

There is a way to make a cork board out of them (very cute).

I
I
If you are in need of anything, I will be there in late February and can pick up some corks or what nots for you if you would like. There is a place in Tulsa called High Gravity and it is only about a 10 min. drive I think they have a web page and if you find something there I can bring it as long as it is ok thru customs.

S
OP Offline
S
How sweet! Actually, I am in pretty good shape at the moment, but will PM you if anything comes up. THANKS SO MUCH smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.