Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,
The time is coming up fast, Moving to Ambergris between Nov-Jan. Got a few rentals nailed down to look at that Im in love with, got most of my affairs tied up here in the states...

My big question now is, how do i get my dog there with me?! I've noticed its much cheaper to fly through to Cancun and make my way to belize from there... does anyone have any suggestions/ideas or know something that I dont about bringing animals (permits/means of doing it) anything that they can share?

Thanks in advance!

AC

S
S
I think if you do a search you will find tons of info on this subject. Hope you have a great winter in paradise!

We moved here with a Saint Bernard from Canada, We found it easier for us to come down thru Cancun and our dog flew Continential into Belize City
You will need up to date shots and a certificate of health, and you will likely have to pay some duty on your dog (It was 206 american dollars total for us)
Continential after much research seemed to be the best and safest bet for an airline (tho if your dog is small you may have other options).
When you know the date you or you and your dog are arriving you should also contact BAHA - Belize Agriculture Health Authority - as they will make sure someone is around to facilitate your passing thru customs easier for you and your pet.

If we give Peas a chance won't the Lima Beans feel left out ?
S
S
Here are the entry requirements: http://www.baha.bz/animal_health.html

T
T
Hi AC,
Glad your coming,here is some info. we gathered from board or Baha.Hope this helps (bringing pets) .If you find more info. please let us know for others.The requirements change often,keep doing your homework.
cheers

Fill in the papperwork for Belize and travel to BZE with your dog.

You will be much happier in your journey and with the result than if the dog is 35000ft in the sky thousands of miles from you.

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the info guys appreciate it!

Will post results of what I find next week.

AC

L
L
did you make the trip from Canada in one day for connection flight?
How much time did he spend in his flight kennal? I'm bringing my 120 lb lab down in Jan from Oregon trying to figure our the time and connection thing. We would normally fly Portland to houston ( Cont,) 4 hours then the connection to either Cancun or Belize city

C
C
I am flying my dog down this week. Continental told me that if the layover was more than 3 hours, I would be charged an additional fee (I think they said $75) and they would take her out of the kennel and put her in a larger run for the layover. I ended up booking through American as it was cheaper and faster from he east coast. Larry, check with your vet in Oregon, this time I had to go to the USDA office to get my health certificate done. Anyways, the dogs handle the travel better than we do! smile

Oh great just what AC needs another dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.