Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
The Time Share guys have been stopping tourist walking and biking the beach at Solaria area for this past few days.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
They got ran out of town so they are now cruising the beaches up here.

White Sands Dive Shop
Friday the two most obnoxious women time share sales people had a couple held captive on the beach between Del Rio Hotel and the Tides.
One woman was on each side of the tourist's golf cart and holding on to the upright bars.
I stopped and looking right at the tourists said "It is illegal for them to be away from their stations." The tall one yelled at me to mind my own business; so I did. I went to the police station and reported them. The officer jumped right on his ATV and went after them.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Tarring and feathering them then running them out of town on a rail comes to mind

Reality..What a concept!
Hon Offline
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Friday the two most obnoxious women time share sales people had a couple held captive on the beach between Del Rio Hotel and the Tides.
One woman was on each side of the tourist's golf cart and holding on to the upright bars.
I stopped and looking right at the tourists said "It is illegal for them to be away from their stations." The tall one yelled at me to mind my own business; so I did. I went to the police station and reported them. The officer jumped right on his ATV and went after them.

As this is my neighborhood when I'm in San Pedro, I find this very disheartening frown I have been badgered almost to the point of tears by time share 'associates' and it plays heavily into my decision to return to San Pedro year after year.

...and I'm here to tell you that if it's as bad next month as it was in January '08, it will be a very, very difficult decision for '11.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Who is training the associates to be so aggressive? If these associates are not from Belize, then how do they have a work permit? If they are from Belize, then who is training them? Cut the trainers off at the knees.

Both Oahu and Cancun were ruined for me by timeshare sales people. A person couldn't walk 10 steps without being inundated. Now on beautiful AC, I'm reading here that one can't even go down a supposedly quiet beach without the hassle.

The guys that were in their booth in town last year, were annoying enough. I didn't know they are supposed to stay in their booth though. If that's true, yay! And geez, you'd think if you said "no thanks" a half a dozen times, they'd leave you alone but no..................

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I hope this is stopped or they will surely ruin a good thing!

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
L
L
I guess I have been lucky, but I have never once been approached by any timeshare people in San Pedro, or anywhere in Belize. Maybe I am oblivious, but I never saw any guys in booths either.

Mexico is a different story. I finally ended up buying the 2 guys near my hotel a couple of Dos XX beers and stayed and drank one with them in their booth. When I left, I told them not to bother me again about a timeshare because it was not happening. LOL. After that, they just waved and said hello everytime I passed by.

C
C
They must be really desperate

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I like the tar and feather idea but probably not a reality.
Throwing coconuts is probably not considered assault.
I personally interrupt them when they are in their sales routine and warn the tourist while scolding the timeshare hustlers. Shame and embarrassment is a weapon you can't get arrested for.

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.