Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362376 12/22/09 10:53 AM
L
larryc Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Is there any preferred choice between the two?

At the ticket counter, you will make a better deal with Maya (cash talks). They don't fly to A/C as much and at times will hold flights if there aren't full. San Pedro Tropic terminal is new and nicer. They seem to be more people friendly IMO.

Last edited by champion; 12/22/09 11:01 AM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
W
W
If you need to be on time, take Tropic. If you want to save a few bucks, take Maya.

P
P
As "wasntme" says. The "quite a few" bucks can be quite a lot, but their planes are often late and too often cancelled.

U
U
Ive lived on the island for 5 years, used Maya about 50 times R/T, and never had 1 late or canceled flight.

They like you!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I never understood (before now) why some of my guests had to sit for a couple of hours at Maya. Thanks for the explanation.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
As you can tell, everyone likes someone and I have been extremely happy with Trop Air's service. They always get me to San Pedro even when Contential and/or AA are late!! Great service!
I also make reservations in advance.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
flown both. If you are flying in during busy season -- especially on a weekend -- just show-up to Maya and see what kind of discount they'll offer for cash -- you'll always get there.

Tropic can be busy as hell on a high-season Saturday flying to San Pedro (I've flown flight 60J before -- "J" means the 10th flight scheduled out at the same time = late).

If you are flying off season and/or during the week, it may be worth the peace of mind having a reservation with Tropic. If you have a reservation, they are really efficient and agree they are extremely friendly.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
P
P
A friend on the mainland flies within Belize two or three times a week, every week of the year. He always flies Maya, yet several times this year they've left him standing when they've decided not to run a particular flight because they don't have enough passengers. On one occasion he was flying over to see me and had actually boarded the plane, when the instruction came to the pilot to stand down as someone in the office had just worked out that they were losing money on that flight. He'd already bought his ticket and they refused to refund him so he could catch the Tropic flight, but made him wait an hour till the next one.

No, you can save 30% or more paying cash with Maya, but it's risky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,013
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.