Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Sent an urgent package 5 days ago with MBE/DHL - kept trying to track it - not in the system. Turns out that the package wasn't sent. Finally tracked to the DHL office in the city.

When I called MBE/DHL in San Pedro Rob told me that if I have a problem with a package I need to take it up with the office in the city. I retorted that I PAID HIM the money and I ENTRUSTED HIM with the package. You can't take people's money and state that you provide a courier service and then blow them off when you haven't delivered the service. I demanded my money back and he stated that he only makes about $5 per package. I don't really care what he makes - he is the agent, it was his job to send the package. I have been let down and I am not happy. And to round things off - he hung up on me.

DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES IF YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT TO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I usually use FEDEX with Tropic Air - great service. But there isn't a FEDEX office close to where I wanted the package to be delivered.

The one and only other time I used MBE/DHL it took 10 days to courier the package to Mexico.

I have had many many problems in the past with DHL agents on the island - non-delivery of packages, mistaken deliveries - they even held up packages for ransom.

Do yourself a favour - use FEDEX.

I have no affiliation with FEDEX, but it definitely provides a better service.

OP Offline
Update - called the office in the city. Spoke to 4 different people throughout the day - each of them didn't know what I was talking about. Eventually when I tried to wrestle my package back into my hands I was told it was enroute to the airport and would be leaving today.

Vague apology for inconvenience. Managers and supervisors will be in next week. I was told to call back then! Nice.

I have a standing order with my suppliers to not use DHL.
Fed X works and they are professional about it.
Its been that way for years.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
DHL------
I paid $35 US to get my package out of ransom after the freight had already been paid in the States to ship the package all the way to me. The item originally cost $35.00 US including the freight. Big rip off. I was told the $35 US was to deliver it from Belize City to San pedro.

"Just another Day in Paradise"
L
L
Question: Have any of you locals who live in SP had someone send a package down to you from the U.S. using FedEx delivered to Tropic Air? If so, any problems? Or, what other reliable methods are availalble/recommended for shipping a package or mailing envelope to someone in Belize from the U.S?

I once sent a package through regular mail to a friend in Bocas, Panama. It was a Christmas gift with all kinds of treats and snacks. The U.S. Postal service told me about 2 weeks for delivery. Almost 4 months went by and I wrote it off as lost or stolen by some hungry official. I then received a call that he got it, everything intact. We laughed a lot about that!

S
S
The only problem I've had with FedEx is them not calling you when a package arrives and is being held for customs clearance.

S
S
The mail service here usually works well, both coming and going. Although, last year we got four Christmas cards in July. Still trying to determine if they were six months early or six months late!

"Just another Day in Paradise"
I hear ya scubawalk, but the post office has been working great for me this year with suppliers sending packages and my paying duty right here in san Pedro.
Again DHL is a rip off the charged me 10.us extra the last time someone sent me something DHL just because i lived on this side of the bridge.
I had to pay it or not get my package.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Fed Ex is by far the better for documents. Pickup at Tropic is fine. The customs thing can be a real pain so would suggest a different mode of shipping if you send something into Belize that will need to clear customs.

I have not liked using DHL at all.

P
P
I use these services too rarely to have much of a view on them, but my limited history is of success with FedEx and failure with DHL. Thanks for the heads up, Amanda. There's another freight service I've had dreadful results with, and when I think of the name I'll post it as a warning to others.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.