Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
O
Hello I will be in San Pedro in a few days ......
I have a bike at my sisters house that I want her to ship down.....after I get there ........the bike is worh about $1,000us ......do i just have it shipped to the post office in san pedro......and pay the duty there?????

P
P
I'd consider first whether you really want the bike here. The sand and salt will destroy it very quickly, and any bike like that will be targetted by thieves. I also have expensive bikes at home, and I made the decision not to bring them here.

That said, I think a bicycle may be too large to be handled by the Post Office, though I'm open to correction on that. Perhaps you should think of one of the couriers.

Ossumt, Unless it's made out of excellant quality Stainless Steel and comes with a security guard, Leave it at home and buy one on the Island for around $125.00 US.

Also Make sure you bring a good quality thick Stainless Steel cable & lock with you.

C
C
i agree. Just buy an inexpensive "beach cruiser" when you get there.

buy lots of them, they get stolen often!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
If you're moving here for good bring it with you or sell it. You will need to ship it though. Hyde Shipping in Medley FL is one option but there are a couple of others. You will need a broker too. I brought mine worth the same sort of money - had it nine years and it's still working fine and nobody has stolen it either.

P
P
I've never seen you use it, Phil. If it stays locked up indoors of course no-one will steal it!

OP Offline
I see Phil on his bike with his tennis racket strapped to his back most days.

S
S
Awww...now you've ruined Peter Jones day.

O
O
Thank you....the reason i bought the bike is for the island.......It is a unique bike it is all aluminum 7 speed....and it has an electric motor in the center of the rear wheel ......it was built so it can be rode in the wet humid weather.....Also I plan on renting a house and keeping it inside when not in use ..........I have been to alot of places and have decided to make San Pedro my new home as far as some one steeling it i dont think they can hide this bike it will be the only one on the island like it ......but I will get a big lock

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.