Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362773 12/29/09 06:22 AM
OP Offline
My husband and I are divers who will be returning to Ambergris Caye January 13 for our umpteenth visit. This time, however, I cannot dive due to a bulging disk in my neck (surgery is scheduled for February). We would like do some snorkeling at least while we are there but would prefer not to go with the masses and maybe go to some of the out-of-the-way places. Any suggestions on who would be a good snorkel trip provider? Thanks for your help.

Brenda from East Tennessee
My sister was here visiting from Arizona and wanted to do a snorkel trip. Belize Diving adventures took us out and as we approached Hol chan with dozens and dozens of boat already there I asked that we go to Shark & Ray Alley first. There was only one tour boat and the Marine Patrol boat there. Our guide took us to a section of the reef I had never seen before. The sea was very calm, the tide was coming in, the water was clear and I was able to do decent video.

Everyone tends to go to Hol Chan first and are tired by the time they get to Shark & Ray Alley so they tend to stick around the boat interacting with the sharks and rays.

No matter what - you will have a good time.

We smam over some of the most beautiful coral I have ever seen here. There were as many fish as I see at Hol Chan - large schools - and some others I have only seen while SCUBA diving.

By the time we got back to Hol Chan most of the boats were moving on south to Shark & Ray Alley. I wish more operators would do this and spread out the masses of people.

No msyy

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
My .02:

Lil Alphonse. And go to Mexico Rocks and north from there, if you can. Go all day, catch some fish and have a beach BBQ.

I was going to get a life, but this was easier.
P
P
Originally Posted by brendacamp
My husband and I are divers who will be returning to Ambergris Caye January 13 for our umpteenth visit. This time, however, I cannot dive due to a bulging disk in my neck (surgery is scheduled for February). We would like do some snorkeling at least while we are there but would prefer not to go with the masses and maybe go to some of the out-of-the-way places. Any suggestions on who would be a good snorkel trip provider? Thanks for your help.

The GF and I snorkeled alone two different ways:
1. We did this knowing that we were only going up there for their ocean kayaks� We took our golf cart up to Captain Morgans, sat in on a 1 hr. presentation on time shares, then had full access to the resort, including their ocean kayak. So, we paddled out to just before the reef, tied off onto a buoy, and dropped in over the side. Excellent snorkeling with not another soul around. One caveat� make sure that when the both of you are snorkeling, you make sure your oars are tidy in the boat. We didn't. Lost one somewhere in the sea and had to paddle back with one oar� and pay for it. This may not be the best choice for you, but at least it's an option.

2. We made friends with a private boat captain who used to sit out in front of the Spindrift (not sure if he's there any longer). Anyways, he took us out alone to snorkel and fish. Can't remember what we paid him.

When you get there call 602-6657 Rolando ( Rayo, pronounced, Rye Oh )Cesarez.
He is one of the most experienced dive masters on the island and maybe the best cook.
He will take you to any kind of place you would like to go.
Just explain to him what you want to do.
And like some one daid earlier, he can cook for you on the beach, go shelling, snorkling, diving, fishing or what ever.
He is not only a great and very experienced dive master but will also entertain you. Give him a call and tell him the Callaways told you to call. Have a great time.

PSUhorty, are you a troll for Captain Morgan's? smirk

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
CatMo - agreed! it's the perfect day - mexico rocks out at the reef and a beach bbq - never see another soul when we do that one and it is so beautiful, great snorkeling, sunning on the boat...

S
S
Originally Posted by Moose In Belize
PSUhorty, are you a troll for Captain Morgan's? smirk

PSUhorty has been registered here for nearly a year longer than you and has a very good reputation...highly respected. Try working on your own reputation...

Moose, are ya getten gun shy?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I'm not sure if someone is getting surgery they should be hopping back into a sea kayak...lol...However, I will say it was not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. The BF and I paddled out to Tuffy's and had a grand old time...Best snorkeling I have had in Belize, but you do have to go on a calm day and go with an experienced person, familiar with that neck of the reef...

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.