Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#363057 01/01/10 07:26 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Where can I buy really fresh fish in Ambergris Caye? I'm looking for fresh-caught snapper, etc. and if possible lobster and/or conch. Thanks!

K
K
An excellent question. I'll be checking back to see the answers.

I would check down by the old football field at the lagoon that is a good spot to get fresh fish if people are out selling. You can find fruit and vegetables there too.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

One of the fishermen sells his catch at El Dorado store on Middle Street (next door to Lino's). Have had great Hog Snapper from him.

we always thought it was odd we couldnt readily buy fresh fish there.

we did buy a bag of mystery filets from a fisherman next to sunset grill for US$4. whatever they were they were very good. smile is that the same place you meant too, tg?

yep that's the place by the lagoon. The price is right too -right around $8BZ per pound.

Yup same place likely Jane.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find some walking the beach but not as often.

There is also a store on back street as well if you are coming up from the lagoon and make a left onto back street I think it is the first store on the right.Dick bought fish there once when we were on an errand run and it was due to a fisherman telling him he sold fresh to them.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

L
L
You have to get there pretty early or they usually sell out especially this time of the year!!

Affordable family friendly environment for locals and visiters to enjoy! www.legendsburgerhouse.com
They are there every moring until around 10am by the football field.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.