Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
OK, have another question about customs and booze. In the states, most bottles are .75 liter. So if 5 of us are coming together to AC, can we bring in 6 of the .75 bottles?

You will likely be treated individually.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
R
R
Just brought in a couple bottles of wine last week. Told them it was for personal use, not a gift. No problem.

I agree Danny2.

Remember you can also buy wine, liquor, cigarettes etc at the arrival duty free in Belize. This is a totally separate duty free allowance that is in addition to your duty free allowance when leaving the USA.

Colin

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
Originally Posted by swanno
Remember you can also buy wine, liquor, cigarettes etc at the arrival duty free in Belize. This is a totally separate duty free allowance that is in addition to your duty free allowance when leaving the USA.

Colin

Colin,

Definitely the best idea. I mean you can get $7 U.S. bottles of wine and 1 liter Absoluts for around $20 U.S. If you have any specialty liquors you need to bring then bring it, but incoming duty free is a pretty good deal, especially if you're accustomed to Belize alcohol prices.

I've been told that what you buy in the duty-free shop at the international airport (which is before you go through customs) counts toward what you can bring in duty-free, as it does in other countries. An extra bottle or two for personal use may be overlooked, but I suspect if you tried to buy three or four cases of duty-free booze to sell to your pal who owns a bar in San Ignacio you'd get hit up for duty.

--Lan Sluder

E
E
No kidding

I thought there was a 2 liter exemption per person if for personal consumption. Barb and I went to the declare line few years ago with Vodka bottle and the officer just laughed and waived us through.

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
M
M
So I can buy scotch and vodka when I arrive at the airport in Belize City? I thought I would have to buy it in Dallas on the way down and haul it all they way to Belize.

Debbie and Mark
Indiana, US
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.