Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Hi I will be coming to the island at the end of the month for the first time in a very long time and would like to get some info.There will be 8 of us coming together to stay for a week first what is the best way to get from the airport on the mainland to the island? next we would like to do at least one all day fishing trip on a boat that could hold all of us is this possible does any one have a contact for such a trip also we would like to do some diving.Thanks

As far as getting to the island I would suggest Tropic Air. It's 120 bucks round trip and offers a spectacular view of the reef, almost like an excursion itself...You can buy your tickets online ahead of time and that might be a smart idea if the group of eight wants to stay together. Also, I like how the Tropic Air ticket counter is right there after you clear customs... You can take a land taxi to the water taxi terminal too and have a nice boat ride, it's just more time consuming if you have time constraints but less expensive. I'm curious what changes have occured since 1990. Have fun!

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
With that many of you, I suggest your group get in two taxis and head over to the municipal airport and catch your flight from there. The airfare is $120 US from International, but only $67 US from Municipal. The taxi costs $25 US. That is two taxis x two trips (arriving/departing) = $100 to split between eight of you. That is only $12.50 each for the taxi rides. You will save $53 each on airfare, minus the cost of the taxi, for a total savings of $40.50 each. That is a savings of $324 for the group of eight.

Make sure your arriving flight at International lands early enough for you to get through baggage/customs lines and take the 30 minute taxi ride over to Municipal in time for their last flight of the day over to SP (which, according to their website today is at 5:30 p.m. daily). I would also ensure your seats on the flight by booking ahead of time online. Their website is www.tropicair.com.

That may not seem like much, but $40 extra bucks in your pocket will buy a few meals or several Belikins!

Last edited by tcoats; 01/11/10 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Get in touch with Steve at Fishing San Pedro and see what he can arrange:
//ambergriscaye.com/fishingsanpedro/

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
I agree with tcoats AND - most taxi drivers are very entertaining and you will basically have a guided tour on the main land. If you arrive on one of the morning flights some of your group may even like to come out by water taxi. I know there are people who are eager to get to our little bit of heaven, but I can get just as excited about being on the water so soon. AND - the boat is half the cost of the airfare from Municipal and one fourth the cost of airfare from international.

DO make air reservation if you plan to fly out.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
D
OP Offline
D
thanks everyone we will go to the municipal airport if we fly we think we would like to take a fast water taxi(we understand there is a fast and slow) but can't get any reliable info on there exact location, name of the company, website or cost of the ride or the cost and distance of the taxi ride to the boat any help would be appreciated.

You all make good points...my decision to fly from the International Airport is because I start my Travel-To-Belize-Day at around 1:30-2am and don't arrive until around mid- afternoon, so I am one of those people that can't wait...well, I could...but with only 5-6 days on the island...ASAP is my motto.

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
Danger,
Here are a couple of links for the water taxi websites.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/index.html

http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/

http://www.guidetobelize.info/en/tr...pedro-caye-caulker-caye-chapel-watertaxi

I believe that the "fast" water taxi to which you refer would be the "express" since it is direct from Belize City to San Pedro.

Taxi ride to the marine terminal is less than 20 minutes. The water taxi ride to San Pedro is about 75 minutes.

Enjoy your visit!

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks to everyone I think we will be flying from the municipal airport on tropic air.I have one more ? I am planning on coming down with minimal clothes and just buying the vacation clothes I need once there that way i wont only have some new vacation clothes but also some souvenirs all in one is this a good idea are there places to buy clothes and flip flops on the island?

GREAT IDEA! I urge my guest to NOT bring T-shirts and buy tank tops here. However, a few pairs of shorts would be a good idea as I wouldn't count on fit, price and style. There are some very nice swim suits here.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.