Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#364218 01/15/10 12:46 PM
D
debvznj Offline OP
OP Offline
D
is there a good disposable underwater camera available. We used Fuji and Kodak in Bonaire and were quite disappointed. Maybe its the picture taker frown

debbie
Likely the results were due to insufficient light.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
debvznj Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Funny. We will be in Caye Caulker in Feb and are so excited. Our first trip. Maybe we should invest in a good one. Thanks

debbie
I am amazed at the quality the disposable now produce. Taking underwater pictures is different than land ones. Get a good dive magazine that features some how to take u/w picture articles and study them.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
Remember that with digital you can see immediately what you took, which both gives instant gratification and enables you to retake something that didn't work too well. It's also way cheaper per shot than any film camera (which is what all disposables are). I'd invest in a digital camera and U/W housing - you won't regret it. If you know what you're doing or know someone who does who can help you might pick up a bargain second-hand.

C
C
You have to be up close..and have good light..cloudy days..bad pics..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
All disposables are film, Peter? I think not. Digital disposables have been around for quite some time (6-7 years). Nothing with any quality, but they do exist. Why anyone would want one is beyond me, but they can be found in the marketplace.

P
P
Seriously? I've never heard of them. Can you give some examples? In what way are they "disposable"? Throw it away when the battery needs recharging/replacing? Or when the memory (card) is full?

Don't forget there are underwater digital cameras that do not require a housing. Olympus makes several. I have the Olympus Stylus 1050 SW (10') and Olympus Stylus 1030 SW (33').
If you already have a digital camera that you can get a housing for, it makes sense money wise to go that route.
Another option is to rent a camera while there but this might be expensive, however the camera quality is much better.
I have only used mine snorkeling and must admit, as Harriette says, you need practice taking underwater pictures.
Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day