Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hello-

Simple question for you guys today...

I'm deathly scarred of "puddle jumpers" aka small prop-planes. We (hubby & I) will be taking the 20min flight from Belize to Ambergris Caye, and i wanted to know if i can purchase some type of anti-anxiety medication without a prescription?

If so, will it be available to purchase for my returning flight from Ambergris Caye?

Cheers,
Misty

You can have your doctor prescribe enough for you to make the trip to and from Ambergris Caye.

Typically you will be expected to have a prescription for anti-anxiety meds here.

M
OP Offline
M
Amanda-
I dont currently have a perscription, and dont plan on paying my $200 co-pay to get one for a trip that i've spent thousands on already.
Reading other forums, and researching this one, i've read that i could possibly just purchase a couple of pills for the flight to Ambergris. Is this true? (I'm confused that you said "typically")
Also, concerned with the returning flight. Can i pick up a pill or two in Ambergris for the flight to Belize?

-Misty

I don't like flying either---I take the boat, even though I have lived here many years and I know the 'puddles jumpers' are very safe. Why not take the water taxi/ferry? They run several times a day, the last one at 5:30 pm and it takes a little more than an hour--- hour and a half at the most. Saves money too.

You might be able to get the meds here without a prescription - even though you are expected to have a prescription. You might be able to find a sympathetic pharmacist. The pharmacies in Belize City are stricter.

Maybe you can take some OTC benedryl or ambien. It'll knock you out.

A doctor's consult is around $30 here - so you probably won't have a problem getting something to soothe your nerves for the return flight.

Doctor's consult in the city is $100 plus tax.

I find that one of Jet's Rum Punches @ BZE takes the edge of the Cessna Caravan trip to Ambergris Caye.

Kidding asside, the trip seems much shorter than 15/20 minutes and if you select a window seat you will be amazed at the reef which should help you forget your fear.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Misty, maybe you are thinking of Mexico, where pretty much everything can be had OTC. Maybe you have a friend locally that could spare a couple Xanax or something for your trip.
Check with Walgreen's and see what they have for motion sickness OTC, usually those products work well to bring on the zombie. Otherwise, a double dose of Benadryl should do the trick.
I share your anxiety.

P
P
Originally Posted by Gela
I find that one of Jet's Rum Punches @ BZE takes the edge of the Cessna Caravan trip to Ambergris Caye.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Suck down a couple rum punches and methinks you'll be fine for the flight.
Really, there is nothing to worry about. Quite safe. But I also understand that people have irrational fears.

I think I'll go with the Jet's Rum Punch...

I have got things with out a prescription before that were later what the doctor prescribed when tacoboy was well enough to go see her. I am sure it could depend on the medication in particular.

It did make me feel good that tacoboys specific instructions for me to tell the pharmacist same as what he told Dr Tina at the time led her to prescribe one of the same things for dizziness and it helped.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.