Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#365148 01/26/10 12:06 PM
D
dunk Offline OP
OP Offline
D
hey there, i was wondering if it is safe to swim in front of a house way down south?i was told that crocs are sometimes spotted in the ocean at night.just want to make sure none of us get chomped cuz we like to snorkle at night on ac.two years ago we went snorkling every night.i hope we werent just lucky.

thanks

robert

I should think you would be just fine. I often see crocks in the lagoons in the south but along the beach I haven't seen a crocodile in over a year. Have you seen any JZB?

You should be concerned about boat traffic and should take precautions to ensure that you are visible to boat traffic by using a snorkeling buoy.

One of the neighbours south saw a manatee when she was snorkeling around her pier last year. Now that is just so cool.

There have been sightings of a sizeable bull shark running along the south coast - but I haven't heard of any face to face meetings with this big guy.

We don't want you to get chomped either.

If you find a Croc you could enjoy a new sport I invented here in San Pedro.

You get a rope and put it around It's neck like a collar,then you stand on It's back (Hold on tight) and ride it around.

I call it "Croc Surfing", so much fun. laugh

Even more fun if the Croc goes onto land, I rode one recently and must have been surfing at 30 MPH, (Did get a nasty scrape when I fell on the new paved section of Coconut drive). cry

Maybe I will look for that Bull Shark and invent "Bull Shark Surfing" too. crazy

JZB Offline
I haven't seen a croc on the front side for over a year, until about one month ago I saw a little 4 footer. As soon as he saw me, he bolted. They are generally skittish but just keep aware of your surroundings especially at night. I think it is breeding season right now so their behavior may be a bit different than usual.

Originally Posted by 2MILESNORTHOFCUT
If you find a Croc you could enjoy a new sport I invented here in San Pedro.

You get a rope and put it around It's neck like a collar,then you stand on It's back (Hold on tight) and ride it around.

I call it "Croc Surfing", so much fun. laugh

Even more fun if the Croc goes onto land, I rode one recently and must have been surfing at 30 MPH, (Did get a nasty scrape when I fell on the new paved section of Coconut drive). cry

Maybe I will look for that Bull Shark and invent "Bull Shark Surfing" too. crazy

What a crock. If that isn't a bunch of bull, I don't know what is laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Its a fact ! I saw it, no bull and its not a crock of anything, I swear !

pot kettle

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Hey no swearing Ernie B

Croc tastes like chicken. smile

E
E
Chicken taste like croc

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.