Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#366255 02/04/10 12:32 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hello, I am traveling to Caye Caulker in April and wanted know what I should expect as far as food cost go. I will have a suite with a kitchen and plan on cooking most of my meals. What is the best market or(Famers Market)to go to and how are the prices on beer, fruit, tortillas, etc? Is organic available? Also the one thing has me a little concerned is the beaches. I hardly ever see people on them or swimming near the shore. I love the Ocean and the beach. Is there anything that would prevent from doing that. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

D
D
We are going to Caye Caulker next week! I will get back to you with first hand info. I'm sure its beautiful and i've seen pix of beach goers.

debbie
W
W
Caye Caulker is not known for beaches. In fact it really doesn't have any.....but the end of the main island has a split and that's where people jump in.....water is warm, beautiful and you can walk out a long way before it gets deep. But what it lacks in beach it makes up for in 'character'. Anyone who has ever gone there knows that! You won't be disappointed. If you want beach, you will have to travel down south to the pennisula to Placentia. They have about 23 miles of beautiful beach....but hey, you will be wishing you were back in Caye Caulker. It must just be magic cause it can't be explained. *grin

I
OP Offline
I
Thank you guys. I can't wait to get there!!

P
P
Originally Posted by without regret
Caye Caulker is not known for beaches. In fact it really doesn't have any.....but the end of the main island has a split and that's where people jump in.....water is warm, beautiful and you can walk out a long way before it gets deep. But what it lacks in beach it makes up for in 'character'. Anyone who has ever gone there knows that! You won't be disappointed. If you want beach, you will have to travel down south to the pennisula to Placentia. They have about 23 miles of beautiful beach....but hey, you will be wishing you were back in Caye Caulker. It must just be magic cause it can't be explained. *grin

Each to their own I guess but comments like this make me laugh. No beach? Are you blind. White sand, Blue Blue water - show me that on the mainland.

P
P
I've always thought that Caye Caulker had lovely beaches, nicer than most of the San Pedro area of Ambergris Caye.

Isn't the 23 miles of "beautiful beach" at Placencia largely artificial?

and Placencia has "regular" sand, not the fine white crushed up coral like the cayes. To each his own, I guess.

artificial???
this is maya beach, about midway on the peninsula.

maya beach crowds

crowded too,,,

I must/need to get back there again........

never ever heard/read a comment about artifical until just now. PJ - you ever been there????

Last edited by klcman; 02/05/10 01:42 PM.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
D
OMG I really cant wait now!! We will be visiting placencia also!
so excited!! go slow tho!

debbie
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day