Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36686 03/26/01 11:31 PM
E
Elwe Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Somwhere on this board I saw a post that had some items that might be handy to have on hand like skeeter repelant....etc. etc. can some one point me to the right post or give some ideas. we are just a mere 12 days from our flight woo hoo

#36687 03/27/01 07:01 PM
S
S
Elwe, Just brought to the top a couple of old post but they are extremely helpful. And the clothes thing is true. Only bring half of what you pack. Have a wonderful time. The post's are "What am I going to forget to pack in my luggage" and "What do you wish you had brought"

#36688 03/27/01 07:07 PM
K
K
Hey,
So happy for you that you are going! You'll love it. What is important for me when I go??
Do you dive? Do you get seasick?? Any chance at all you get seasick? If yes, call your doctor and get a scopolomine transdermal patch! They are about $12.00 each and one will last you 4 days! I am a big time serious diver and I would die without a patch when I hit the ocean. Talk about bringing in the sea life! Fish galore when your throwing up! (Pardon me for that talk. . .). In any case, if you go that route, you must have a waterbottle. Strap it to your body. . . the patch dries your mouth! Maybe you won't get outside the reef at all, but for me, that is a big item.
Also, a fanny pack or just shorts with pockets is key! You will be wearing very little most of the time. You will be really happy if you don't have to carry around a purse! (Oh my gosh, am I giving this advise to a man??). I ditch the whole purse/wallet thing and carry a "man's" wallet with me. Much easier!
Don't take more than one or two pairs of shoes! (Wow, if you are a man you are going to think this is the most useless advice you have ever gotten. . .sorry). You will be walking 95% of the time on sand or dirt, and you'll end up wearing the same ones all the time anyway. If your a girl, wear flats, you won't want heels!! If your a guy, wear flats, you won't want heels either!! Tevas are good!
Take a hat! The sun hardly stops! On the times I didn't bring a hat, I always had to go buy one. (Sunglasses too.). Maybe this stuff seems obvious. . . but it's important!
Bring lots of film. It's cheaper to buy it here. (I went through 11 rolls on my last trip. . .alright, I'll admit I'm fanatical about my camera, but what great pictures I have!)
A light jacket or zip up sweatshirt is always good. If you get a little crispy from the sun, being outside at night (and you will be out walking around) makes for a chilly breeze. . .
Take a book.
I'll think about this some more. . .
Oh, one more thing, go to the "popular bakery" and get a piece of bread pudding. Have it with your belizian coffee in the morning. Exceptionally fantastic!

You are in for a treat.
Where are you staying?

Jen

Kruman
#36689 03/27/01 07:25 PM
E
Elwe Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thank you sunkissed, Thank you kruman, yes I am a man and I think I will leave my heels and purse at home, but my wife should find this information very usefull, Everyone at work keeps asking me if I have already punched the clock and left, I say "About a month ago" Thanks to everyone who posts on this board, This information is pricless, and could help avoid "National Lampoons Belize Vacation" 11.5 days at the time of this post..............

#36690 03/27/01 08:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
about what jen said - we take a beat up lightweight backpack and shove all our stuff in it. then you can carry that hat, sunglasses, extra t shirt, what ever, and chuck it in. if you take off your sandals to walk the beach, throw 'em in. things i found handy that dont take up too much space: benedryl cream & neosporen, waterproof bandaids (hubby got fin-blisters), advil, immodium, ziplocs lg & sm, spf 8, 15, & 45, aloe, pepto bismol.

#36691 03/28/01 02:04 AM
R
R
On the mtion sickness patch...the cost for 4 was $32..but most insurance plans will pay..and you only have to pay your co-pay (in most policies either $5, $1..etc.). I paid $5. Says lasts for 3 days...but put on at least 4 hours before you need it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.