Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#366927 02/09/10 05:45 PM
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Just swam out to the reef. Had a buddy with me, and we had a huge diver down balloon with a flag sticking out within a few feet of us at all times (so to not get hit by boats).

I really wish I brought my underwater camera. Saw a 5 foot spotted eagle ray. A ton of other fish (that i dont know the names of). I caught a conch that Im going to eat tomorrow (beautiful huge shell).

Then as we were finally getting back and climbing up the dock we realized a 4.5 foot barracuda had been stalking us for god knows how long! yikes hahah

AC

S
S
Don't wear jewelry or anything shiny!!! You will become a jig for the wily barracudas!

Those things scare the crap out of me!!!

S
S
I've seen some terrible bites from Barracuda attacks in Hawaii

P
P
Which begs the question of why so many dive computers are bright and shiny.

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a labret, nipple, and both ears pierced. Maybe thats what he was after. God can you imagine a barracuda nipple or lip attack! yeash! maybe i should take them out haha.

AC

I've had a barracuda take a bit into my fin and it didn't let go for quite a while. Sure was glad it wasn't any part of me. I never wear jewelry when diving or snorkelling, not even a ring.

Of course, there are other reasons not to wear rings. I'm sure most of us have heard the true story of the guy who jumped off of a boat and caught his wedding ring on something as he went into the water . . .degloved his finger. Yikes.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

E
E
Some people sound like a side show freak at a local carni

E
E
Amazed a water taxi did not hit you, or one of the "tour boats" with the twin 200 engines

Congrats AC as you have joined the ranks of a select few of those I know who have done that. It sounds like you are fitting in just fine down there and are making many good memories. I do challenge you to visit the mainland and see what else the wonderful districts of Belize have to offer.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.