Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jeraldo Offline OP
OP Offline
J
WOW!!! you people have been super with comprehensive advice and direction, something I'm not accustomed to when researching vacation adventures. You've as well demonstrated a Saints proclivity for patience with my ineptitude of the Caye (Caulker), God bless you all. I have but another quickie inquiry (of course) ~ and here it is:
as mentioned earlier, we're traveling to CC this March and aren't completely secure with our travel plans as of yet. Can anyone suggest the most economical option from the following 2 choices:
The static variable is: We're travelling by bus from Cancun to Chetumal.

Once we arrive in Chetumal, we can either;
1. take a boat to Ambergris Caye (because we don't know if one
exists to take us to Caye Caulker from Chetumal, right???.
Then take a boat to Caye Caulker from San Pedro (Ambergris).
---OR----
2. take a bus from Chetumal to Belize city, then a boat to Caye Caulker.
I'm not terribly concerned about which option is quicker, just want to keep to a conservative daily budget of $50-$75/day (over our first 2 days entering Belize - and
our last 2 days departing). We prefer to compromise our budget (if necessary) while at Caye Caulker, and not amidst our transit. I sure hope that made sense!
Thank you in advance for any assistance you might provide.
Jerry and Connie~

Last edited by Jeraldo; 02/15/10 02:32 PM.
M
M
A lot also depends on when you arrive. You might have to stay a night somewhere along the way.

1. Water taxi Chetumal to Ambergris: BZ$70 per person, one way; BZ$120 round trip.

There are water taxis between Ambergris & Caye Caulker; the last one departs at 4:30 pm. Cost: BZ$15 (maybe BZ$10 ?).

2. Premier Express bus from Chetumal to Belize City: BZ$16 per person, one way (3 hours). Other non-express buses are about BZ$12 or $13. Get the express; you'll thank me! If you get a non-express bus, you might want to spend 20 pesos to get to the Nuevo Mercado terminal from the ADO terminal.

In Belize City, you can walk from the bus terminal to the water taxi terminal, but if you get a taxi, it will cost BZ$7.00 per taxi.

If you get the Linea Dorada bus from Chetumal to BC, that will cost BZ$20 per person, but it will drop you at the water taxi terminal.

Water taxi BC to CC: BZ$15.00 per person, one way; BZ$25 or $30 per person, round trip (depends on the water taxi company).

Have a look at my BelizeBus site; it has more detail, and links to the water taxi companies:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

J
Jeraldo Offline OP
OP Offline
J
WOW!!! I've been researching Belize forums and dozens of blogs and have yet to find even one site with the comprehensive content regarding our route needs as that which you've shared with us today! Connie and I thank you so much for taking the time to share this invaluable knowledge of yours with us, we're super grateful!!!. Regarding the possibility of finding ourselves stuck overnight somewhere ~ we're on vacation, and we welcome the unpredictability's often associated with complex international travel plans. We've traveled throughought mexico and S. America for 3 years to date and we've learned to accept and appreciate the unpredictability of foreign travel as part of the adventure "in-and-of-itself".
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share this invaluable info with us, we do sincerily appreciate your help to steer us in the right direction and your data sheet (reply) will most definitely be included as one of our primary reference sheets.
Sincerily yours,
Connie and Jerry~

yeah misterB's got it figured out doesn't he!!!! his site (and he himself!) are a great resource...

M
M
And it's nice when people take the time to write such a great thank you. Let me know if you need anything else.

By the way, I drink Belikin Premium!

I agree on MisterB's site - it is one on my recommend sites list for travel info.

Have a great trip Jeraldo.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Jeraldo
You have the right attitude. If you come down through Cancun I URGE you to spend at least one night in Playa del Carmen (Not Cancun). I know - some of you are going to boo and hiss that travelers should just "get here as fast as you can."

It doesn't seem to pay to go through Cancun for one person traveling alone - but two can make it an adventures and save some money.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We stayed here in playa and it was really nice for the price. Booked online and got a discount at the time.

http://www.hotelalux.com/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

M
M
It usually takes me 2 or 3 weeks to do a trip between Cancun & Belize.

Mister B - Did you walk?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.