Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36783 03/28/01 04:22 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have been checking the board often, and the info is great. It sure beats studying, and my exams are only worth 100% of the year. Oh, well, who can study with 2 1/2 weeks of heaven awaiting them?

Anyway, we are wondering how to occupy our time, May 3-21, and would love some feedback!

We are (probably) going to stay at Seven Seas for a week, then to Caye Caulker for a while, and either stay there or back to AC. We aren't really on a budget, but don't really have any money either. (This is my graduation present to myself, and I figure I'll always have time to work to pay for this trip later!)

We are thinking about taking our PADI course & doing a couple of dives, snorkeling, fishing, and a trip to Tikal. Should we go down to Placencia for a few days? Punta Gorda? Dangriga? Up to Corozal Town?

Also, what are the cheapest and safest ways to get to these areas, if you suggest checking them out.

Or, should we just stay in AC the whole time, with a couple of overnight trips thrown into the mix.

Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated, as is all of the info that I have already gotten from the board.

Thanks,

Shane.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i would look into cayo if i were you. we did 10 days in 1993, 7 in cayo/belmopan, 3 on AC. check out: rio frio cave & pools, 1,000 ft waterfall in pine mt ridge, horseback riding at banana bank, xunantunich. these were my favorite places. we stayed at the san ignacio hotel, which i remember as being pretty reasonable, and they have a pool. the town is walking distance & had the best chinese food i ever had!

C
C
Having recently spent 10 days on A.C.,...I would recommend some time in the jungle. Took a day trip and loved it!!! Plan to come back and spend some time at a jungle resort,..do some cave tubing,..and visit more Mayan ruins. We hated Belize city,..way to hustle bustle for us but felt we had to see it. Check out Jaguars Paw resort,...think we will,..sounds neat. Have fun!!!!!

M
M
When we were there last fall(a week) for our first trip to AC, we stayed on the island and never tired of it.We don't dive or snorkel though, and my husband had a bad hip and could not do much walking.We stayed at the Seven Seas as well and it is very convenient to everything, as well as reasonable. My husband had his hip replacement a month ago, so this fall we will be up for more "touring". have a great time, and don't forget to eat at Papi's Diner, around the corner from S.Seas. Very reasonable and delicious food.

Mary and Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.