Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#367901 02/17/10 10:53 AM
D
dmhawv Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'll be staying at Portofino next week and this is my first trip to the area. I welcome any advice regarding money (cash, cc, exchange?) computer, phone, must see or do suggestions. Not looking for nightlife. Enjoy snorkeling, fishing, interested in cave tubing or zipline perhaps.

Thanks.

B
B
Cash is usually best, no need to exchange currency. You probably won t need a computer. I turn off my phone when I leave the states and leave it off until I get home. For activities, everything you listed is fun! Do it all!

Well the good news is you are going to a great place ,world class .They have there sh*t together A good thing they can help you with lots of tours and I belive all in house so you can pay them with credit card .
You Seem to have done your home work A fishing trip and beach bbq A must ,A trip to the main land is nice iF you have the time.Snorkel trips A must.. Dinner at your place is very good As well as Roho ,A great dinning place .there are some good ones by you Ask the owner Jan for advice ,he is one cool dude ..Enjoy your stay ,have A living the dream trip .

Last edited by captjeff; 02/17/10 11:43 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
A C Offline
bug spray, 99% deet, get it !:)

portofino is nice smile personally (i said personally, folks) i'd skip zip-lining and see the lamanai ruins instead. its a long, whole-day tour but you really get to see belize - the mangroves, boat up a jungle river, see mayan ruins, be in the rainforest, we even saw monkeys there...its really cool. see if jan can hook you up with tanisha tours to do it. daniel is the best!

a must-do is a snorkel at hol chan reserve and shark ray alley. they are usually combined. you wont regret it and will tell stories of it for years to come.

S
S
I'm with Jane on the Lamanai tour, get Jan to hook you up.

P
P
Portofino uses some of the best fishing guides in San Pedro. There is wireless internet however if you don't need to be in constant communication. Portofino provides a guest computer in the main lobby that guests can go on free of charge and check their emails. Forget about the phone reception will most likely be bad and the costs would be crazy. They also have kayaks that you can use and do a short trip to Mexico Rocks and do some great snorkeling. Enjoy your trip!

D
dmhawv Offline OP
OP Offline
D
WOW, great stuff folks. You are putting me at ease and yet I am SO EXCITED! Thanks so much for the input.

Lamanai tour, If you like an off the beaten track type of tour do Lamanai! Its great and not many people have a chance to get there because of is remoteness and time to get there! Best day trip I have ever been on.

What happens in Vegas is coming to Ambergris Caye
Ceasar salad with grilled shrimp and for get the exact name but their chocolate banana smoothie drink.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.