Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

ARTIST ROSSY WAR FULFILLS SICK GIRL'S DREAM ON LA ISLA BONITA

February 12, 2010

Peruvian star Rossy War made a special stop as part of her visit to Belize today.  The artist visited a special child, Fatima Arceo is a spina bifida patient. Love News spoke to the child's mother, Patty Arceo.

Patty Arceo, Mother

"Let me thank Love FM for bringing Rossy War to San Pedro.  One of the main reasons to bring her here is because I wanted her to see my daughter, Fatima, who is a special needs child, she has spina bifida and it is very important for our country especially the women to take folic acid.  We are trying to bring as much attention to the disease of spina bifida and hopefully we could find a cure and we can find some assistance for the children. There are so many children in Belize who need that assistance. I know ICH, the International Children's Hospital and Heal a Child is trying to work. The main focus of Rossy War in San Pedro is to bring awareness to spina bifida and hopefully one day we will be able to eliminate spina bifida in Belize. Fatima is my gift from God and last month she underwent three surgeries in Guatemala; she had to change a shunt or valve and whenever she came out of the anesthesia she would ask me to play Capullo de Rosa from Rossy War and for me just listening to my child asking for this song that has a significant meaning was extremely special. Thank God we have good friends at Love FM and they are very socially conscious and they arranged this trip for Fatima and Rossy War FM to meet here."

Rossy War is in Belize to celebrate Love FM and Estereo Amor's anniversary with two concerts, one in Belize City and the other in Orange Walk Town.

LOVE FM

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rossy War Visits San Pedro

Latin superstar Rossy War arrived in San Pedro this morning upon invitation of the Arceo Family. Rossy is in Belize to perform a series of concerts during Valentine's weekend. The Arceo Family hosted Rossy War for a luncheon at the Royal Caribbean Resort where she met with her fans and in particular with baby Fatima Arceo who is a loyal fan of Ms. War. She sang to young Fatima who finds strength and inspiration through her songs throughout all her operations as she battles with Spina Bifida Oculta, a disease of the spinal cord. Rossy will be at Club Nirvana this Sunday, February 14 to perform in concert. (More on next week's issue of Ambergris Today)

Mayor Elsa Paz greets Rossy War as she arrives in San Pedro

Fans stop Rossy on the streets for a picture

Rossy War sings to baby Fatima Arceo

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Rossy War in San Pedro
Sings to a very Special Fan of Hers

Rossy War, international Tex-Mex artist, was in Belize over the Valentine's weekend to perform a series of concerts which included Belize City, Orange Walk and in San Pedro Town. But before her concert presentations, Mrs. Rossy War arrived on the island to perform a very special presentation to one lucky fan of hers.

On Friday, February 11, 2010, the Arceo family organized a special day for a beautiful angel, "Fatima Arceo" a four-year-old girl who has been suffering from Spina Bifida Oculta, a condition in which the spinal column does completely close, therefore not properly protecting the nerves. Fluid from the spine accumulates in Fatima's brain causing an increased pressure on her brain which can lead to mental disability or death.

Fatima has struggled through over 13 operations to maintain her health and life. She has even fallen into comas due to her illness. Upon the invitation of the Arceo Family and hearing of her condition, Rossy War was more than glad to pay her a visit and sing to her number one fan. Fatima has fallen in love with Rossy's "Capullo de Rosas" song and finds strength in this song after she survives each operation that she has gone through, requesting it by name.

As Rossy War got off the plane she was greeted by a group of fans, the Arceo Family and little Fatima. It was a happy moment as she stated that it was her first time visiting La Isla Bonita. Mrs. War was accompanied by her husband Tito and daughter Katia.

Patty Arceo, Fatima and the War Family were then taken on a tour around town and made three special stops at Blu Gift Shop, El Patio Restaurant and Premium Wines where Rossy War was given special gifts.

Mrs. Rossy War was then taken to Royal Caribe Resort where she was surprised by the Arceo Family and friends, as a luncheon was prepared for her on the beachside. The luncheon commenced with a performance by Miss Chiquitita SPHS, Nayobi Rivero and then a memorable serenade by Rossy War to Fatima. The luncheon was indeed a memorable one, a wonderful gathering that brought family and friends together to bring a happy smile on a beautiful Angel, Fatima Arceo.

"We are so happy to have Rossy War as our invited guest," commented Patty Arceo, mother of Fatima. "Not only is she making one little girl extremely happy, but she is also helping us create awareness of this disease, which is a bit rare in San Pedro, but I know of many other cases around the country. It is very common in Southern Belize. The more people know and understand about it, the more help can be rendered to these poor children suffering from it."

Rossy War performed in San Pedro for Valentine's Day, Sunday, February 14, at Club Nirvana where she entertained a packed house and got rave reviews from those in attendance.

Rossy War - Daughter of singer Carlos Guerra, Peruvian Rossy War (born Rosa Guerra Morales) started singing Mexican traditional music at a very young age, mostly influenced by her father. Known as la Reina de la Techno-Cumbia (techno-Cumbia queen), Rossy War became the first local artist performing that style, a mixture of Tex-Mex and Colombian Cumbia. She made her debut album, called Como la Flor, in 1995, followed by Cositas del Amor in 1996. That album was released by Fama Records, a label founded by her husband musician Federico Alberto Mauri Almonacid.

Ambergris Today

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 246 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.