Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36812 03/29/01 04:05 PM
B
Beth S Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I will be visiting Ambergris Caye in June and think we have decided on staying at Banana Beach--I have been very impressed with everything I have heard and read about it.

I do have a couple of questions and was wondering if someone might have some feedback on this---what is a seawall? does Banana Beach have one and if so, does this effect the beach/swimming area?

Also, does it matter that Banana Beach doesn't have a restaurant/bar on the premises?

I appreciate any comments greatly! THANKS!!

#36813 03/29/01 04:29 PM
B
B
I think you will enjoy your stay at Banana Beach. There is a seawall which inhibits swimming there, but either way next door you can enter the Caribbean. We enjoyed using th
e steps from Tropica's dock to swim from.

There is absolutely NO problem with lack of food and bar service. There is a beach bar within a few steps to the south and restaurants (with bars) on either side -- Royal Palms and Tropica--our favorite breakfast place.
It is also fun to explore the other island eating places -- we especially enjoyed Woody's Wharf.

#36814 03/29/01 09:21 PM
M
M
Beth..a seawall is a retaining wall built at the beach access. Some you can step over to get into the water, others are higher and if you stepped over them, you "step" into water a few feet deep. Most of the water close to the seawall is full of seagrass/seaweed, so it is not conducive to entering there for swimming. Most hotels, if they do have a seawall, have a pier which affords access to the ocean by ladder. As stated previously, if one hotel has a wall, chances are that one next door or a few doors down doesn't, so you can have easy beach access.

Mary and Scott
#36815 04/01/01 10:53 AM
S
S
The seawall does not inhibit swimming. It's 18" high and only in front of the building. A twenty foot +/- walk left or right will get you around the "wall".

The weeds are sea grass, soft and not slimy. You can see it and walk around it since at BB it's in patches. past the dock it's deep enough to float and swim without feeling the grass. Watch out for boats.

#36816 04/03/01 06:15 PM
D
D
banana beach is a great choice we stayed there from 2-14 to 4-1 and loved it. Tropica has a great resturaunt and bar also mata rocks has a great little bar as well. The pool is very nice but a little on the chilly side. Say hello to Henry,Horace,Abel,Jose,Julie,Sandra and everyone else a bananas for us!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.