Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#368305 02/21/10 07:35 PM
OP Offline
Thank You SAGA!
I found a sweetie of a pit bull momma on my door step this morning after being stabbed multiple times with a machete (I assume judging by the wounds). The abused gal found a little corner to hide out in until we found her. Her spirits were high, and she was very bloody, dirty, full of milk, and friendly. I called SAGA and luckily they answered the phone and put me in touch with someone who came out right away to pick this girl up. This was her day OFF. THANK YOU SAGA!!
And I cannot believe the animal cruelty that occurs on this island.
Tried to attach a pic, but not sure how?

OP Offline

L
L
Whatever happened to the pitbull? Is it alive? Do you know who the owner is?

OP Offline
I have been checking in on the Pit Bull at Saga. Turns out there is more to the story. The pit was shot by the police. That is how she sustained the injuries. I was told she had bitten another dog through a fence, and the police came over and shot the dog. However, they did so irresponsibly, and did not make sure the job was finished and left her to wander to my home, where the police and fire department saw me and a couple friends rescue this dog.
She is in great condition, will be at SAGA for a couple more weeks, and we are not sure what to do with her then. She is a sweetie pie! But with not knowing her history and upbringing, not sure how she will be with other dogs.
If anyone has good solid information on rehabbing an abused dog, please share!

There is a male pit bull mix there; brindle color who is a sweetheart. I'm guessing he's about 2 years old. Very calm gentle guy. Well trained. I don't know all about him just that Sharon from Lime rescued him about two weeks ago. My cousin wants to take him home with her but that is out of the question. someone needs to adopt him.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.