Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
scs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
http://caribbean.craigslist.org/reo/1606527975.html

I am considering purchasing this property. I have never been to Belize. I want to bring my two dogs, boyfriend and myself to live there full time.

I am most curious about the cost of living on Ambergris Caye, as well as crime and quality of living.

Sounds like a good idea,,, Buy a condo in a country that you have never been to, sight unseen, based off an internet advertisement. Then you'll be living the dream right?

Cheers,
Carlos

It's a very low price. Ambergris Caye is a great place. You should come down and see it, comparison shop and then decide.
Two dogs and two people in 600 sq. feet could be pretty cramped.

http://tacogirl.com/2009/07/price-comparison-shopping/

a listing of average costs of day-to-day products (by tacogirl)

S
S
It's not a bad spot, the building itself clean and neat and I can see why you would be attracted to the ad. But the others are right about visiting / seeing before buying. What you don't know is the HOA fees/ other expenses + who your neighbors are, what sort of structures in the immediate area, etc.

P
P
It may appear cheap, but it won't be if you end up losing your money. Don't even consider buying until you come here and ask around.

P
P
Actually I've now looked at the picture and I know the building and the owner of the building (who probably won't be the owner of the condo). It's certainly worth putting in some effort to investigate this, as it is extremely cheap.

K
K
Well, we bought site unseen (though I never thought I would). But we had a great agent that Diane hooked us up with. He sent tons of info, went out and took his own pictures for us, etc.

I'd definately look into it, but I'd be cautious. Even if someone wants to buy another property really bad as the add says, taking a $40k loss is pretty desperate. Also, don't know what kind of dogs you have, but remember they have to go up and down those stairs too.

B
B
The aerial photo arrow is pointing at Island Academy.

P
P
But the picture is of Thai's apartment block just down the street from Pedro's Inn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.