Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#368415 02/22/10 05:51 PM
S
OP Offline
S
My family and I will be coming out in April and I was wondering if there are any vegetarian choices at restaurants on AC. I am a vegetarian but the family will eat almost anything. smile

Susan

Vegetarian or Vegan? Either way there aren't a whole lot of choices restaurant-wise except salads and such. If you are referring to groceries and eating in, you can buy organic soy milk and a few other soy products. I think Greenhouse sells tofu and TSP. Plenty of spots to buy vegetables and fruit.

J
J
There are several options for veggie burritos, quesadillas, that sort of thing.

Also, pasta dishes.

Beans and rice, but if you're a purist ask about the type of cooking oil.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat much meat, and find there is usually something veggie on almost all menus.

S
S
I'm a vegetarian too, and I agree with JeanH that there's usually SOMETHING veggie on the menu. It's generally recommended that you call the restaurant beforehand. Most cooks in Belize are happy to make something custom if they have enough warning.

If you'd like more info, check out our Belize articles at http://www.paradisehunter.com
Legends Burger House, just north of the cut, makes the most AMAZING black bean burgers. As a quasi-vegetarian, until they opened i ate loads of quesedillas, bean burritos and such. Their "Bob Marley" Burger is hearty, delicious, and satisfying (not a bocaburger).

Jambel Jerk pit has a great ital veggie dish on their menu.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
S
Vegetarian "balanced meals" with some sort of protein are challenging here. I found that to be the case even in the states at least with fast food as I used to eat an awful lot of peanut butter smile

That said, Hummingbird cafe has several Asian fusion type dishes and vegetable sushi rolls and Fido's has a couple of options as well, .

S
OP Offline
S
Well, it seems that I should be able to find something to eat.

Susan

You'll have no problem Soccermedic. There are really lots of excellent vegetarian choices at most restaurants here and everyone is so obliging that if they don't have something you like or want, they really will go out of their way to make something for you specially. Try to experience some of the local vegetables such as cho-cho (chayote) and plantain.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

You know I have eaten fish, pork, chicken, Belkin Beer on the island but I have never eaten a Vegetarian. I wonder what kind of hot sauce you use on em? grin grin

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.