Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36880 03/31/01 06:18 AM
B
Billy W Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We're looking at Ambergris Caye in August. In the UK there is very little info available, and Victoria House Resort is the only place noted. Anybody know anything about it. Is it any good? Does it have a beach? Is there any life around it? How easy is it to get to dive schools? Any snorckelling near by or do you need a boat? Any info at all would be great, thanks from the UK.

#36881 03/31/01 07:40 AM
Welcome Billy,

There is over 6,500 pages available to you on this web site on Ambergris Caye. If you go to the top of this page you will find a link to "lodging". I strongly suggest that you take a look at all the hotels, resorts, villas, and guesthouses listed with links to their individual web sites.

Also, you will find a "search" function near the top at the right side, and under the "reply" link. Ask for any item such as snorkeling or diving and tons of info will be at your disposal.

Victoria House is a beautiful up-scale resort about 3 miles south of the main town, San Pedro. Most diving and snorkeling is done at the barrier reef about � mile offshore. A boat is strongly recommended and they are readily available. This can be arranged through any hotel front desk for no extra charge. VH has a web site at: http://www.victoria-house.com/ which has a lot of the info you require.

Take the time to do some research and you will find all the info you may wish to have.
//www.ambergriscaye.com takes you to the home page of this site and all the links are listed on the left side and on the bottom of the page.

Enjoy your look at AC and have a great holiday.

**Jim

**Jim
#36882 03/31/01 09:46 AM
S
S
We are staying at the VH in a couple of months.We have several friends who have stayed there and said it is very nice. It has also been renovated recently. On their website, they have a guestbook for comments from recent guests. They have all written positive things about their stay.
But you should, as with any trip, research everything before making any plans!

#36883 03/31/01 10:51 AM
J
J
I am to traveling in August,solo, I have been in touch with Tim from Banana Beach, I have found him to be very helpful and giving the best deal during that time. That is a new resort. The email is [email protected] or the web sight is bananabeach.com

#36884 03/31/01 04:48 PM
Billy W, Victoria House on Ambergris Caye is one of the best resorts on the island. I have stayed there several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. they have their own dive shop with excellent equipment and great divemasters. In the UK you can get more information on it through Journey Latin America in Chiswick, just outside of London. You can also fill out the request for info on the website, they are very responsive. Good luck, I will be there in three weeks and can not wait!

#36885 04/02/01 03:04 PM
G
G
another very nice resort to compare would be MATA CHICA. as v. house is at the far south end of the island MATA CHICA at the far north end. accessable only by boat taxi. very romantic place... with individual large for 2 people beach "casita's". nadia is the owner and a wonderful hostess...we just returned saturday...please tell nadia that gar and stephanie said hello!!!!

#36886 04/03/01 10:23 PM
Hi Billy

I see your from Evesham, I am from birmingham originally and I used to go fishing on the river severn when I was a kid and i actually have familly that lives on Stourport on Severn.

been here in belize for 12 years

Anyway victoria house is very nice and if you chose there I am sure you would not be dissapointed.

there are also tons of other accomodations available here on this website which you should check out.

Are you a diver ??

E-mail me at [email protected] if your interested in diving or any other questions you might have I'd be happy to coverse with a fellow brit

all the best

Gaz Cooper www.divebelize.com

#36887 04/04/01 08:36 AM
D
D
hi all from the blonde - 'I wanna be in AC.....' I just thought i'd say that i'm reminded daily how wonderful the people on AC and this msg board are. after reading this board for some time, and being one of those asking a jillyon questions, i can't thank those of you enuff for your time and info....just can't wait to get there!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.