Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LisaRen Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So I just got back yesterday from AC and had a great time!
but....

Someone that me and my girlfriends were extremely creeped out about down there kept coming back up. Let me start off by saying I have done extensive travels in the MiddleEast, Asia, and South America. So weirdos are no big deal. People that are extremely mentally unstable do ring alarm bells though, so I thought I would post this warning.

While staying at our hotel/resort a local man with a small bmx dirt bike and dreads crossed the resort line to the sun chairs we were sitting in (a big no-no). Once he interrupted us, he began to tell us about this great free school he runs on AC for kids and how he is some DR of neurology, and how he wanted donations for his school. He became very condescending and passive aggressive with us in a way that really freaked us out. We did out best to be nice and shoo him on his way.

soooooo..... anyways....
Once back in the states it was time to do some research on his credentials and "degrees" ect... Here are a couple things that he is stating on his website and claiming to be, and no records can be found of any of this.

1. He was on oprah
--No record found
2. On his own website (http://freemusicschoolbelize.wordpress.com/for-students/) he claims to be "Juilliard-trained musician and Yale-and-Harvard-trained physician"
--No record found
3. In a article written in 2004 (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=28133) his 175 foot boat "the sea ranger" was attacked in portland harbor by "assassins" working for the KKK, and sunk. Thank got his $15000 dog was able to pull him to another boat?
--No records of this with the Portland police department....
4. He was a captain and doctor in the US air force, and he is also a "Professor of Child Psychiatry", and is "currently Director and Editor-in-chief of the worldwide Harvard Intelligencer" (http://freemusicschoolbelize.wordpress.com/about/)
--No record found.

Anyways you see where i am getting with this, like I said before I have got the runaround from cons all over the world, but this guy seemed real sketch. So people on the way down, heads up for that freakshow, and locals down there, WTF is the deal with that guy?

-Lisa

A C Offline
gotta love the internet. you can google a con man in minutes haha.

assholes

AC

W
W
That's Floyd and he has been off his meds for quite a while.

is this the older gentleman with the grayish dreads? sells carvings? sometimes bikes with a younger man? just curious. thanks.

This guy does not sell carvings. He is usually on his bike with a dog. He wears wire rimmed glasses most of the time.

Change your Latitude
i was just wondering if it was a guy who tried to provoke bruce a few times but diff guy. luckily bruce doesnt get provoked, and luckily provocation is not the norm in SP. smile thanks shuffles - see ya soon!

Yep. Floyd!
Last month i saw him riding his bike with two Mormons. He was wearing a white shirt and tie carrying a book that looked like a Bible.
Hes a definite strange case. He often gets people sucked in and donate to one of his medical or music school causes.
I didn't get the Mormon angle.
He should try creating a subdivision in the mangroves and sell lots. Those guys are doing great!
Ya gota love living here. There are a few Elvis's and the bars are full of Jimmy Buffets.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert, you're crackin me up with the visuals.

yep, SP has its share of colorful characters. its absolutely part of the charm, and i don't think we'd like it as well any other way. cool

Oh..and there is this guy that talks to his dog and thinks the dog talks back!
yep!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
I've met him a couple of times at the bakery back in the day. He claimed that he owned half of it and that half was some sort of music cafe. He seemed nice enough though. He told me about the Julliard and Harvard thing and I actually think he was riding around with a violin. He also went on to say that he was the last dean of the med school that was on the island but was kicked out due to "politics". Seemed harmless enough though quite a talker!

Last edited by Canam; 03/04/10 09:12 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.