Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#369529 03/04/10 12:58 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,
I am currently in the planning stage of my next dive trip. I am looking to dive either Belize or Mexico from 20-30 June. I currently am a TDI extended range diver and a NACD full cave diver. I'd like to dive the blue hole and/or some cave systems. I'd also like to further my dive education, getting certified on Advanced trimix, preferably through TDI as that is the agency I have done most of my tech quals with. I tried contacting Protech dive shop, but they havent responded. Are they out of business? Their web site hasn't been updated since 2006 so they maybe. I am also interested in the live aboard option if that is feasible. Unfortunately, I will be traveling alone as none of my friends are tech divers. This always seems to pose a problem unless I can tag along with other techies. Any help would be appreciated. I find it is always best to ask the locals. Thanks. I look forward to visiting your beautiful country!
Mike Borneo

Last edited by Mike Borneo; 03/04/10 01:00 PM.
P
P
I owned Protech and have been responding to all enquiries I've seen. Somehow I missed yours. Chip, who bought Belize Diving Services on Caye Caulker last year, is a tech diver/instructor and wants his shop to move more in that direction, so I would approach him. I don't know how economically feasible it will be to tech dive the BH with just one of you (it's a long way and fuel is expensive), but there is a noted sea cave just behind Caye Caulker that I know Chip has been in. Tom Mount and other famous tech divers dived it years ago. I believe several people have died in it, but whether that was just because they were ill trained/equipped I don't know.

Their website is at http://belizedivingservices.net/

D
D
Yes.Training was an key issue in at least one death. I am not familiar with the other.

Dane #369640 03/05/10 11:13 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the info.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day