Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
The dog was leashed, the yard was fenced.

F
F
Hello Everyone,
I truly Appreciate AC's help with "Kusco' but please note that he did not start running away until lately.
He lives upstairs w/ the family, behind 2 gates, but w/the family gone for most of the day, he gets bored and wants to play. No matter how much i stress,(we have renters as well)someone eventually leave the gates open.
My fault-Could not bare to see a dog chained, as they sometimes get sad and sick. When i finally decide to tie him, the rope was too thin and he chewed through it.
It would be easy to find him, except he loves golf cart ride (since baby) and can make it as far up North or down South in a day hopping from cart to cart.
I have rented a gas golf cart to search for him as far South as the end of the island. I have spent several hours after work searching for him as i dont enjoy having him wonder the street afraid someone might hurt him.
He is not in search of food (Fed 2times a day dried & wet Pedigree) but for the attention he gets from the tourist-a belly rub; playing on the beach or a scratch behind the ears.
He has all his vaccine; bathes regularly and Frontlined.
I ask anyone who sees him to please call 624-1635 and thank those who have taken care of him. As painful as it is, i will have no choice but to chain him.

Thanks for you assistance.
Alma

S
S
Dear Alma
I understand your frustration as my dog used to get out of my fence at home (US) especially when he was a pup. For some reason he doesn't do this down here, even if he is not fenced he never ventures very far.

Why don't you also put your phone number on his collar (just in case)? He is such a sweet loving boy - some dogs just have a need to run or roam and he clearly likes to socialize with humans and other dogs as well (he loves Alfie at the coconut's bar).

B
B
I hope you have found him! He is without a doubt one of the sweetest dogs around and he does loves to follow people and hop carts for sure! He is friendly to a fault! lol We love Kusco..let us know if you found him and will keep my eyes open as well.

maybe snoopy felt his US home was his territory, but now he's in others'. stays closer to mom. smile

gotta admire kusco's tenacity for what he desires! the phone number on the collar is a great idea.

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
alma, we should make him a "run" much better than chaining as he would have full range of the yard. I fear your dog is TOO friendly hes probably laying up in someones villa right now having a blast haha. He loves my couch. If i see you him know ill call.

AC

Kusco sounds very social. I don't have dogs so I don't really know the ins and outs of keeping them mentally healthy, but many of my friends here have dogs and they all work all day, so they trade off with 'doggie daycare' playdates so their dogs don't get lonely - like two or three times a week one person will keep two or three doggie friends in the yard and walk them and then a day or so later another person takes them all on for the day so they can wear themselves out playing doggie games together. sounds like fun if you have enough friends with social dogs and time enough on hand to have a doggie playdate.

F
F
Thanks everyone for your response and suggestions.
I will be sure to let you all know when he is found.
It eases me to think he may be somewhere safe on someone's couch loving it! lol

Last edited by Free Spirit; 03/05/10 07:41 PM.
L
L
Sounds like Kusco has definitely hit the doggie lotto! Riding around on golf carts, tons of human friends, good eats and lounging on couches, free room and board, etc. lol

Geez, that`s the people lotto too, isn`t it, LM? hee hee

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.