Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: Amanda Syme] #367100
02/10/10 12:04 PM
02/10/10 12:04 PM
P
Peter Jones Offline
Peter Jones  Offline
P
I'd check with your resort to see if they have bikes. Quite a few do.

You'll find the ride to/from town a bit long the first time, but thereafter quite a breeze. And there are lots of good bars to stop at along the way! Best have a flashlight with you that actually light your path, even though if it's really dark you may end up walking and pushing the bikes. I've often made that trip after dark.

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: Peter Jones] #369974
03/08/10 08:51 PM
03/08/10 08:51 PM
Houston, TX
ghbyram Offline
ghbyram  Offline
My wife is not going to like this ... running around in golf carts is one of her favorite parts of our trips down there. We will be there on Saturday with the kids and are staying up North at Captain Morgans.

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: ghbyram] #369989
03/09/10 08:05 AM
03/09/10 08:05 AM
San Pedro, Belize
hazzyy Offline
hazzyy  Offline
Originally Posted by ghbyram
My wife is not going to like this ... running around in golf carts is one of her favorite parts of our trips down there. We will be there on Saturday with the kids and are staying up North at Captain Morgans.

Before you ruin your wife's trip...You can take golf carts up north if you can handle the roads. We do it quite a bunch. Like it was said earlier, after Grand Caribe the roads deteriorate and get much more bumpy and sometimes wet, but very do-able (sp). And again, like it was said before, it is $5 USD each way/ $10 R/T to cross the bridge. But once you are in town the golf cart is good to go. From my personal experience I would say it takes about 15-20 minutes from the bridge to Grand Caribe and another 20 to Captain Morgan's.

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: hazzyy] #369991
03/09/10 09:04 AM
03/09/10 09:04 AM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline
The road gets better and better , but still a dirt road and the rain often closes it from puddles to deep and mud.
The Coastal Express service was good and now is even better. cheaper , running regular and on time. it just can't be beat.

White Sands Dive Shops Daily Blog
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: elbert] #369994
03/09/10 09:21 AM
03/09/10 09:21 AM
Pacific Northwet
B
Brandon C Offline
Brandon C  Offline
B
Is there a monthly or yearly pass for the bridge?

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: Brandon C] #369996
03/09/10 09:25 AM
03/09/10 09:25 AM
New York, NY
swanno Offline
swanno  Offline
Monthly golf cart pass for the bridge is available from the town hall on Front Street it costs BZ150 for the month. So if you are doing more than 15 round trips per month it makes sense to get one

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: hazzyy] #370008
03/09/10 11:07 AM
03/09/10 11:07 AM
Texas
tcoats Offline
tcoats  Offline
Originally Posted by hazzyy
Originally Posted by ghbyram

Before you ruin your wife's trip...You can take golf carts up north if you can handle the roads. We do it quite a bunch. Like it was said earlier, after Grand Caribe the roads deteriorate and get much more bumpy and sometimes wet, but very do-able (sp). And again, like it was said before, it is $5 USD each way/ $10 R/T to cross the bridge. But once you are in town the golf cart is good to go. From my personal experience I would say it takes about 15-20 minutes from the bridge to Grand Caribe and another 20 to Captain Morgan's.

I'm pretty sure it is $5 BZ each way/ $10 BZ R/T, rather than USD. (Just to clarify for newbies...)

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: tcoats] #370009
03/09/10 11:12 AM
03/09/10 11:12 AM
San Pedro, Belize
hazzyy Offline
hazzyy  Offline
Ahhh...sorry...I think you're right.

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: hazzyy] #370023
03/09/10 01:19 PM
03/09/10 01:19 PM
Gecko Graphics, San Pedro, Bel...
HOT_Card Offline
HOT_Card  Offline
A couple of the golf cart companies are now asking renters to sign a waiver if they go further than Grand Caribe, which basically says you will be financially liable for any damage and should you require towing there will be a fee charged to get you back to town.

Re: Bike / Golf Cart Rentals on AC [Re: HOT_Card] #370024
03/09/10 01:32 PM
03/09/10 01:32 PM
Coeur d'Alene Idaho, USA
champion Offline
champion  Offline
When we were there in Feb, we drove a six seater all the way to the Blue reef where the road ended then to the beach and farther north a long ways. Once we were about half a mile north of Capt Morgans the road became better than than the road south of town. That was a total of 8 miles north of Morgans, and only about a half a mile of bad road.

Last edited by champion; 03/09/10 01:34 PM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 220 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,390
Posts478,534
Members19,574
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.