Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#370499 03/13/10 08:33 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hey Lady, you need to post SOMETHING ! You may not be on island but you can enlighten us to the joys of being a*s deep in snow. Or something.

Really, your updates are missed and only make some of us worry about you and Chunky.

Yes, I'm afraid that I've been neglecting my Belize Snowbird blog. Chunky was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer last October and our lives have been pretty much filled with doctor appts, surgery, and now...chemo and radiation treatments. Not really good fodder for posting.

Considering the circumstances Chunky is doing very well. He has a pretty aggressive treatment regimen, but it is worth it because it makes his chances for a cure excellent. He tolerates the treatments well, except for some pretty heavy duty fatigue. Luckily, he has always been a great napper(as many a hammock can testify.) His attitude is incredible, and many days he is the one lifting my spirits.

Chunky's main issue with cancer is that it kept him from his beloved San Pedro this winter. When given the diagnosis by the doctor his first words were, "So, what you're telling me is that I'm not going to Belize this year, right?" That was his biggest concern!

Thanks for thinking of us and don't worry, we will be back to lazing on the beach in San Pedro before you know it!

PS...Chunky's cancer was discovered during a routine colonoscopy. So please folks, don't put this important screening off. The procedure is not that big of a deal, and it could save your life.

N
OP Offline
N
Oh Ruthy, Please give my best to Chunky. Many hugs to you both, well wishes and prayers.

We WILL meet you and Chunky in San Pedro next winter. Fer'sur

Thanks for the update Ruthie. Glad to hear that Chunky's treatment is progressing. I can hear him asking the Dr. that question..
See you in San Pedro before you know it.

Hi to you both. We are rooting for Chunky always.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Hugs to you and a high five for Chunky. We missed you two last month.

Make sure he has plenty of Red grapes Ruthie, They work wonders after chemo sessions.
Give him My best!! Hang in there Pal.

Never Use money to measure wealth
Since I am an avid Belize Snowbird reader, I was wondering what happened to you guys. I wish you all the best, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery Chunky. smile

My thoughts and prayers are with, and alot of positive thinking.

Your great attitudes will help you thru. smile

Dare To Deviate
Hon Offline
Good vibes sent Chunky's way and big hugs to you, Ruth heart

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.