Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#370784 03/17/10 12:09 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Visiting next week 3/27 and planning on bringing my own mask and snorkel. Any suggestions? Trying to purchase online and have an idea of what I want but other opinions always help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

JZB Offline
Are you asking for suggestions on what snorkel gear to buy? If that is the case, my advice is to not buy on line. You should try on your gear before purchasing. Ill fitting gear can ruin your snorkeling experience.

G
OP Offline
G
Yes, I'm looking for suggestions. My options are limited for trying on gear where I live,so I'll have to chance it or buy when we arrive in AC.

Thanks!

or rent in AC! I dooooo!

JZB Offline
Then I would rent when you get to AC. If you're worried about other people's cooties, then just buy yourself a snorkel. If your mask doesn't fit well it will just keep leaking on you making for an uncomfortable snorkel and you won't be able to enjoy the view!

I woulnd't buy online because you have to have the mask fitted to your face. There is nothing worse than a leaking mask. It will ruin your whole outing. Renting might be a better option.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the suggestions. Found a dive shop not too far from my house. I'll try there, and if that doesnt work, Ill wait till we get to AC. Not worried about cooties, just want them to use whenever wherever.

Dont want a leaky mask!

gonzo, I've been in the same situation as you - very limited choices in a small town, so I took the chance and bought on line. I bought from:
http://www.snorkelingonline.com/
with a guarantee that I could return it if it didn't fit properly. I've used mine for 5 trips now with no problems. All of the snorkeling sites are easy swims so you do not need a big set of fins. You may want to consider a "travel set" (it has short fins) if you are limited on luggage and just an occasional snorkeler.
Sometimes you don't have a choice.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Originally Posted by gonzocompadre
Thanks for the suggestions. Found a dive shop not too far from my house. I'll try there, and if that doesnt work, Ill wait till we get to AC. Not worried about cooties, just want them to use whenever wherever.

Dont want a leaky mask!

Its difficult selling retail here on the island. Duty is tough but Rudy at Island Divers Supply has some choices at a healthy price.
best bet is to buy before you come.
heck by a dozen and sell them to us.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
L
L
what about prescription masks for us eye glass wearers? Do they rent in SP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.