Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Does anybody know of any for overnight sailing/snorkelling trips from Caye Caulker to Lighthouse Reef between March 21-25? Does anybody have any stories (good/bad) about such trips?

Also, what's a good day trip plan for Ambergris Caye if I want to see some ruins and take in some local color?

D
D
The only ruins in Ambergris are the peace and quiet they gave up to the vehicles. You can take a water taxi any day for a short ride and come back in few hours. The trips to Hol Chan sometimes take you for lunch on San Pedro.

R
ron Offline
R
If you want to see the ruins on the mainland, you can book a tour with a number of tour operators on Caye Caulker. Don't know of anyone that runs out to Lighthouse Reef on an overnight camping trip. Gas gets to be expensive @ $5 us a gal. We went out to Long Caye @ Half Moon Caye for 2 days of fishing and that cost about $1500us that included 2 fishing guides, food and gas. We stayed at Bluhole lodge on Long Caye. Not sure what they charge.

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks Ron and Dane.

I've got a Rough Guide that says that Protech Belize runs 2-day diving/snorkeling trips to the "outer atolls" for $275 per/person. There may not be an equivalent on CC, though.

It also mentions a chance to see "a number of previously inaccessible Mayan sites on the north coast of Ambergris Caye", and it goes on at length about the "thick jungle" and "sense of adventure". Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I fee like the Rough Guide may be a bit outdated - it was published 3 years ago, so the info may be up to 5 years old. Who knows what has happened since.

Hon Offline
Your first clue will be Protech. They have been out of business for over 2 years. Print guides are notoriously out of date.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
N
OP Offline
N
Yes, they are. I figured the ones on Belize would be no different, which is why I came here.

C
C
San Pedro has little island flavor left..paved roads..to much traffic too expensive..Caye Caulker the GO SLOW island..still has the local flavor....
One of the best adventures I have had here was going on a two day sailboat trip with Ragamuffin tours...It is actually a 3 day sail..leaving Caye Caulker and going to either Golf or Seargants Caye..sailing the reef line..fishing for Barracuda along the way. Setting up tents at nite. The crew makes cerviche and a wonderful dinner everynite..setting up a very nice bar for unwinding....2nd day off to Tobacco Caye..a small island on the reef...hanging showers..another great dinner and ample bar...this is where we got off and took the bus up the Hummingbird Hwy back to Belize City...the most beautiful drive..but the tour actually goes on another day to Placencia.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
I forgot to mention the wonderful snorkel spots...and lunches...and great conversations...take a book...relax....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day