Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We are already in San Pedro 20 hrs and having a great time after a red eye flight and looking forward to another 9 nights.
How is the tap water in SP? Drinking, coffee, brushing teeth ect?
We will thank you in advance James and Rina.

What happens in Vegas is coming to Ambergris Caye
Use bottled water for drinking, coffee etc. Local water is fine for brushing teeth.
Belikin is also good for drinking!!
Enjoy your stay

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
I quit brushing my teeth with tap water, though I did it for years. No real ill effects, but things tightened up a bit, if you know what I mean.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

P
P
Here or at home?

L
L
what about ice? I can't wait to have pina coladas and margaritas....but also am hesitant. Are the ice cubes filtered?

relax, you'll be fine. just don't drink the tap water.

Come on folks don't play with this "gringo". Virtually all the water on San Pedro comes from reverse osmosis sources (yes there are some wells but generally the water - even the bottled water is from RO). So, although sometimes it can taste flat and may have been combined with rain water via a cistern system it should be OK. I have never heard of anyone having trouble because of the ice either which is made from the same water.

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 03/19/10 09:51 PM.

Captain One Iron
CaptOneIron, 'city water', which is indeed produced by reverse osmosis, is very well produced and extremely clean when it leaves the water plant (privately owned). In fact I understand the water they produce way exceeds WHO standards. They cannot though guarantee the quality of the water when it comes out of your taps because this depends on the maintenance of BWSL (Belize Water Services Limited)and the standards to which they maintain the pipes.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Exactly colly.

And yes, Phil, I meant in San Pedro.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

right-e-o. i know much of the water is drinkable. but as a fellow gringa tourista, i responded as i did because: i although i know locals & residents can and know what to do, where its ok to do it, and where it may not be. a first or 2nd time visitor does not. if you tell them its fine & by chance it isnt, well...so, to avoid any backlash (CYA), cuz there *surely* is a chance a 1st time visitor will get some belly distress of some sort, i always give the 'better safe than sorry' answer. being overly careful on one's first trip can't hurt. being overly reckless thinking everything is ok, well... (please dont bash me, just my opinion)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.