Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Can someone please refresh my memory on how long the cab ride is from Cab ride from International to Muni.

Thanks

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

JZB Offline
I think about 20 minutes.

OP Offline
Thanks

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
That's a straight with no traffic. If you hit the school runs or either side of lunch it's more.

OP Offline
They decided to just leave from Goldson.

Just curious what everyones thoughts are on flying out of Municipal versus Goldson?

I prefer the shortest direct route for the most part.

Depends

If someone has been travelling for hours and hours they wont feel like extending there trip by another hour or so just to save a few dollars better to just get on the lfight and get checked in and relax.

But if moneys an issue there are savings to be made by making the effort especially if its a familly.

Gaz

We have done it both ways. It is not worth it to us if there are only two of us. It is $120 from Goldson and $67 from municipal. With the $25 taxi each way, you are only saving $56 for two people, or $28 each for the round trip. (USD)

However, if there are four or even six people in a van/taxi to help split the cost of the taxi ride, it is worth it in my opinion. For two couples, each couple would save $81. For three couples, each couple would save about $90.

If you are coming in on a late afternoon flight, it can be a bit nerve-racking trying to beat it to municipal before the last flight over to SP...

One more thing...if you take the taxi ride over to Municipal, I agree with what everyone else has said, but would add that doing this gives you the chance to move your luggage yet one more time before arriving at your destination.

Change your Latitude
E
E
It jest aint worth it.

What about taking the water taxi over? We have never done that, but I know lots of people do it to save money. Does anyone know how much it costs, how long it takes, and when the last boat leaves for SP? And I suppose you still have to pay the $25 taxi ride each way to get to and from the harbour...

Anyone have personal experience with it? I'm guessing it would be at least an hour. Are the boats covered or open?

Just wondering in case we want to do that in the future.

It is hard to tell friends and family who want to come down with us that "your plane fare will be $530 from Houston, and oh, by the way, it will cost another $120 USD to get over to the island." So really your cost is $650.

I know this has been discussed on other threads, but you can go to Mexico, all-inclusive on the water, including airfare, for less than the plane ticket to Belize. Some of us love SP so much we are still willing to pay the price for the experience, but I think the number one reason (among others) that tourism is down so much is the price of airfare! It is very prohibitive. (Not just the state of the world or US economy.) Too bad for all those local businesses that rely on tourism. They seem to be really hurting. Don't know what the solution is...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.