Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#371597 03/25/10 06:57 PM
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Are there any Canadians in this forum that have gone through the process of applying for Nationality/Belizean Passport.

I'm wondering how difficult it was to obtain your Canadian Criminal Record for the passport application as they don't seem to make it very easy (no online forms and such).

Thanks,

Simon...

P
P
Isn't the criminal record/ Police check just within Belize - they don't go back to the motherland other than to perhaps check interpol lists?

I had to supply them with a letter from the sheriffs dept. in my home state for the citizenship, but true the criminal records we show to get tour guide renewal is just with the country and obtained at the san pedro station for 12 dollars and two photographs.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
I didn't have to supply a hometown police report, just a Belizean one, and they did an interpol check also. My nationality isn't Canadian though, it is from the U.S.
Although if they are requiring a hometown police report, it wouldn't surprise me as they seem to change the rules on a whim.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The sheet they gave me when I went to the office specified local and country of origin police reports. I went to the police station yesterday to see if they could do non-criminal fingerprints but they don't so you have to supply your own forms.

T
T
Simon it may be worth calling Belmopan . I got so many different answers to all my questions .Belmopan had the most accurate info. ,I would get all info locally then call the capitol .
good luck

At the Canadian Consulate I noticed they had a dual citizenship form. I should have grabbed one but back then I figured when the time came around everything would be changed.

Quicksilver Dianne may be able to help you with information as she wrote the Document trail and researched a lot.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm hoping they don't need the Candian one. It says on the site that it can take longer for a records search if you don't have a record. Go figure. I'll try Dianne and Belmopan. Thanks all.

A
A
I needed police record from US. I called my sheriff dept. and he send a letter. However for what it is worth it is a small town.

M
M
SimonB,

I've had to obtain Police Checks for either residency or citizenship applications for 4 countries, including Belize (residency).

The request has always been for the check to be done at the police station in the place (usually the nearest city) where you have lived for the previous 6 months.

You said that you're applying for Belizean citizenship, so I assume you are already a permanent resident of Belize.

But are you living in Belize? If so, I'd say the check would be done in Belize. Ask at your nearest police station; if they can't do it there, they'll tell you where to go to get it done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.