Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37244 04/09/01 04:42 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I'll be visiting AC this October and am torn between Journey's End and Ramon's Village. I've basically ruled out Journey's End because the ferry stops around midnight? This is assuming that the clubs close way after that....

Also, I have heard that Ramon's Village is nice. But only if you stay in the presidential or honeymoon suite. Is this true? People have said that the standard rooms are small and musty.. I have a package for the GardenView room right now... should I reconsider?

#37245 04/09/01 04:56 PM
D
D
Get a beach front room. 59 or 60. They are the same size as a regular hotel/motel room.. Maybe a bit smaller. Nice small patio on the beach. Never noticed it be musty. We have stayed there many times and never thought of the room as small and musty.

diver0059
#37246 04/09/01 05:49 PM
Why limit your choices to these two places? While there's nothing wrong with either of them, there are tons of other places on the island, some of which offer much more for less.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#37247 04/09/01 10:12 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I got a package deal from Liberty Travel and they only deal with a few hotels, these being part of it. I got a quote of $1149 for round tip air-fare from New York, all transfers, 2 nights at the San Ignacio Hotel and 3 nights at Ramon's Village.
Is that good?

#37248 04/21/01 10:57 AM
K
K
We did not stay at either but got a good look at both. Journey's End is way up north and very isolated. Ramon's Village looked great. If we go next time we would like to stay at the Village. It was right in town on the ocean front.

#37249 04/21/01 11:21 AM
S
S
I was at Ramons for 5 nights and I was in room 37 which was Garden View....but who cares about the view because everyone has ocean view...you won't be spending much time in the beautiful cabanas anyway...so go for it...the price is right and belive me the Gardenview cabanas are the only ones where your hutt is not attached to anyone else. If you get the beach front you have to share either 2nd floor or your room is linked on the side....so...if your going with as a couple....Garden view is the way to go.

I have posted my experience with Sao Pedro...see our note.

Scott and Valerie

Put your mind to it...and enjoy!
Valerie
#37250 04/21/01 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i stayed at JE last year, ramon's in '93. for a first visit, i would chose ramon's, if it is between those 2. i pick it because it is close to town. you should get to know the town on your first trip. the locals are so nice.

i also stayed at the S I hotel in '93. it was neat. walk down the hill to the town. good chinese food in town. also, xunantunich was cool. you will have a great time.

#37251 04/21/01 09:00 PM
M
M
Agree with Lan..so many good places to choose from...stayed at Seven Seas last Sept but looking to stay closer to town this time. Saw Ramon's, looks great,good location, but for the price, check elsewhere.We are looking into Tropica Resort, which looks like from the web-site that they have a great beach. Also looking into Paradise Villas,right near Ramon's. They have complete facilites, kitchen,living room,bedroom and a great pool. Like Lan said, look around on the lodging section. We think closer to town is better, but we will rent a golf cart regardless...best way to see everything!

Mary and Scott
#37252 04/21/01 09:37 PM
B
B
We booked our trip with our local travel agent through Belize Tradewinds for $1320.75 pp. We got round trip air to Belize from Miami-all transfers, taxes,tours, guides, meals and lodging on the mainland. Round trip air to AC=all transfer taxes and lodging at a 1 BR oceanfront unit at Tradewinds Paradise Villas. Spent 2 nights at Windy Hill Resort-had oue own private cottage. While in Cayo area saw the Belize Zoo, went horseback riding in the jungle, had chose from several options to do an all day trip to Tikal with a stop for shopping in Guatemala. All meals included. Then we were friven back to Belize City to go to AC via Tropic Air and spent the next 5 nights in AC. We thought that was agood deal. We ate dinner one night at Ramon's and while I can't rave about the food (better places in town) the resort itself looked lovely.

#37253 04/22/01 03:00 AM
Mary & Scott, I'm a bit confused. Paradise Villas are not close to Ramone's. PV may even be closer to Seven Seas than it is to Ramone's. Are you thinking of the right place, or am I confused?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.