Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Originally Posted by elbert
I'm a Belize Tour Guide and do birdwatching tours back there regularly.

nope - no more bird tours back there. we're headed down soon and i tried to book a lagoon side birding tour for my bird-admiring friends. i have been informed by the guides that the nests & young of all the birds have been removed from the area. no more bird tours as the birds all left. "sorry folks, go on home now...nothing more to see here..."

seriously, that's eff-ed up.

a travesty and abomination to nature. and no one says a word.

was this the subdivision that was supposed to allow the average Belizean to be able to buy reasonable land & a house? how's that part of it going? i'm just curious about what percentage been sold to regular, hard working san pedranos?

P
P
One thing that puzzles me. If I were interested in buying one of these lots and had someone from GBE take me there to view "my" lot, how would I know what I was seeing? How would I know precisely where "my" lot was?

S
S
A survey done by a reliable surveyor, with the surveyor marking all of the corners on the land itself is the only way you know what you are really buying.

If I am a buyer, I would also check the legal description provided by your Seller describing the land you are buying to make sure it describes the land that you THINK you are buying. Then send your surveyor out there to verify that the legal description accurately describes the land that you think you are buying. There are a few surveyors on the island, I believe. Just my opinion.

P
P
Applying that process to this case, how do you mark out territory on swampland? And what is to prevent someone from moving the markers, as I know has happened in a few cases on solid ground (and not just here in Belize)?

S
S
Peter, I've seen land under water on AC staked out with very tall stakes and yes, you're right, stakes can be moved. If you're a buyer who's worried about that, the only way to make sure that doesn't happen is to go out to the property with the surveyor yourself or have him/her videotape the process so you can see where your lot is compared to non-moving landmarks like that road that we all have seen pictures of, etc.

If I was an enterprising surveyor down on AC, seems to me this is a whole new market that "out of area" buyers especially would love.

Last edited by Sally1; 04/15/10 09:28 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by johnnyG
To Juan Grande,
Why wasnt an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) carried out for GBE?

J
J
Peter,
The lots have all been surveyed with all corners properly marked. In answer to your question, you are able to walk up and down the subdivision roads and see signage markers on each lot identifying it by parcel number. The overwhelming majority of buyers have walked through the subdivision and picked out their specific lots by number based on the lots being clearly marked. The subdivision map makes it very easy to see the location of each and every lot in the subdivision.

Take me up on my offer and I'll show you first hand. Here are some sample photos of survey markers (photo 1) and lot signage located throughout the subdivision. PM me and I'll be happy to send you a detailed subdivision map showing every lot sold, reserved and available, as well as each of the price points.

If any buyer wants to hire a surveyor to flag their lot markers or resurvey their lot, they are welcome to do so. I would be happy to provide contact info for several licensed surveyors. The approved subdivision map and surveys clearly show all lot dimensions and it is not difficult to identify a particular block of lots within the subdivision, and correspond the clearly marked lots with the subdivision plan.

I have been with clients throughout most, if not every subdivision on Ambergris Caye, and the lots in Grand Belizean Estates are more clearly identified and the survey markers more readily located and recognizable than in any other subdivision. No real surprise since it has been surveyed more recently than most. That said, bring your surveyor with you, the more the merrier! (He will probably want to buy a lot, too.)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Live the life less ordinary.
Originally Posted by johnnyG
To Juan Grande,
Why wasnt an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) carried out for GBE?

Please Juan, if you want to be a serious businessmen answer this question.

E
E
Juan Grande...it is great that the lots are "marked", you don't seem to answer the real question..."Why didn't GBE do an EIA?" Those little pegs are all fine and dandy, but when people start wanting to live there and there is no BWS services for water and sewage what sort of environmental impact do you think 1,130 homes will have? How do you purpose all of these people dispose of their garbage? How will they get phone, electricity or cable?
Has GBE made arrangements with BWS and BEL to provide these services? When BWS was asked at their recent press conference they had not been consulted about putting in any infrastructure for water below the EAST WEST road. Oh wait...there was no EIA for the road....maybe this would have been addressed if it had been done.
Juan "Grande" please answer the "Grande" question...Why was an EIA not done?

C
C
he's a salesman, he doesn't know or care about the real questions and answers.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.