Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#373657 04/16/10 01:24 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I need some info on the requirements to start a business in Belize such as; do I need to be a resident? Can I run the business out of my house? Can I have multiple businesses? Also are there any special rules one should beware of on Caye Caulker? Any direction would be appreciated.

M
M
I would contact Georgetown Trust in San Pedro. They're in the new building across from Roadkill and Exotic Caye resort in the Caye International Bank Building. They can help with establishing residency, starting a new domestic corporation and all of the regulations.

H
hjl Offline
H
You can get in contact with Bruno Kuppinger
Bruno Kuppinger
IBTM International Financial Management Ltd.
SUN CREEK, 14 Miles San Antonio Road
P.O. Box 121
Punta Gorda Town
Toledo-District, Belize
Fon und Fax: +501-614-2080
Mobil: +501-600-8773
E-Mail: info(at)ibtm.net

He is one of the best in his business

Hans

Last edited by hjl; 04/17/10 11:17 AM.
hjl #373737 04/17/10 12:29 PM
D
D
You need a work permit-widely ignored if you don't compete directly with the wrong guy.
Multiple is OK. Most folks live in their business and mind the register.
The Not In My Face rule trumps all.There are a lot of unsuccessful businesses on the Caye right now.New arrivals starting biz here are going broke quicker than usual.
Tips
-Live here awhile first.You will laugh later at the ideas you arrived with in your bag.
-Listen to advice from those who have been here ,but not those who are so pissed they can't think anymore.
-Ignore those who tell you "I know the Minister so you have nothing to worry about" We all know Ministers in this small place.
-HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO LIVE WITHOUT PROFIT FOR A LEAST A YEAR OR TWO same as the SBA says to do in the US
-Open a new kind of business.There are many unsuccessful restaurants ,hotels ,dive shops, boat biz...
-CC is a sinkhole for equipment unless it is marked
"On arrival coat with salty sand permanently"
The usual reason outsiders fail here is the part where you spend years planning it all out from outside then arrive needing to change Caye Caulker to better fit with your plan.

H
hjl Offline
H
Dane is a smart man, with a lot of experiences.

hjl #373806 04/18/10 10:00 AM
K
K
Thanks for the business information and connections. I am an S-Corp here in the U.S. I have been looking to setup an offshore account ONLY to insert some assests in a Belize bank for purposes of have funding at my fingertips WHEN I retire and buy a prefab and a boat and retire in Barranco. I figure if I incorporate I will have all necessary to start and complete this project with as little delay as possible. YES, I will always pay my U.S.A. taxes. I deal ONLY with foreign wire transfers. My company profits are for all to see. I would also pay Belizean banking interest taxes and ingraceate myself by helping the country of Belize, offering tax payment.

K
K
ingraceate? Did I spell that one correctly?

it's ingratiate, but who's checking... wink

sorry, I just couldn't resist responding. blush

It's great to be .....

K
K
Thanks terriel. I LOVE to learn. No Man An Island I A Peninsula.

I
I
Great advice Dane!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day