Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: GwenA] #375428
05/03/10 07:17 PM
05/03/10 07:17 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
He's not the first by a long shot and won't be the last either. Furthermore, he's not even close to the worst that has been here.

I can't speak for Carlos, but maybe he doesn't have the Tranquility Bay name because he wants to be able represent his personal views from time to time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: GwenA] #375429
05/03/10 07:18 PM
San Pedro/Belize
R
reefenit Offline
reefenit  Offline
R
I don't know much yet I know a little something about something.

This is a case of minds clashing, nothing more, it has nothing to do with what you are posting here! Get to the source and go from there. What is the real beef?

Namiste/Have a blessed day
Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: seashell] #375430
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
The town area down by Xanadu is actually quite nice, in my opinion. I think it is kind of pretty down there.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: reefenit] #375434
05/03/10 07:31 PM
05/03/10 07:31 PM
San Pedro/Prescott
G
GwenA Offline
GwenA  Offline
G
here's the real beef, but as I see it. Our wonderful Island has a huge number of resorts, througout...north, south, and in town. The in town is severly misunderstood, because in town, there are many quiet and happy, and well managed resorts with full access to offer scuba,snorkeling, and historical travel events. I believe bad press about crime, or rowdy-ness, has maligned the in town resorts. When tourists haven't been here they hear that north or south are the only quiet or safe resorts. That is bunk. But, there is a trend on the board to ask about "quiet places away from drug dealers, loudness, and crazy partying. I don't think anybody it picking up on these questions and requests.

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: GwenA] #375446
05/03/10 07:46 PM
05/03/10 07:46 PM
P
Peter Jones Offline
Peter Jones  Offline
P
Now that's a different point and I agree with it. But in fact how many tourists are put off the in-town hotels by reports of crime? Do we actually know?

As to noise, there's no doubt that most of the in-town hotels ARE a lot noisier than those outside. Hardly surprising. I've known people who have stayed at popular in-town hotels and discovered that they can't stand the 24 hour noise. Other people like the sound of bustle going on around them. Each to their own.

Let's give people all the information they need to make their own informed decision. Like telling them that Ruby's cafe opens very early in the morning, so they can decide for themselves whether to stay there. They may love the convenience and not be at all bothered by the noise, or they may find they just can't sleep in such a busy place. Their decision - so long as they know up-front.

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: Peter Jones] #375450
05/03/10 07:49 PM
05/03/10 07:49 PM
Beautiful San Marcos, Texas
E
Ernie B Offline
Ernie B  Offline
E
So, now you're slamming Ruby's ?

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: Ernie B] #375453
05/03/10 07:52 PM
05/03/10 07:52 PM
P
Peter Jones Offline
Peter Jones  Offline
P
Why don't you learn to read, Ernie?

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: Peter Jones] #375457
05/03/10 07:57 PM
05/03/10 07:57 PM
Beautiful San Marcos, Texas
E
Ernie B Offline
Ernie B  Offline
E
Not only can I read, I can also comprehend, you dolt

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: Ernie B] #375468
05/03/10 08:20 PM
05/03/10 08:20 PM
San Pedro, Belize
W
wasntme Offline
wasntme  Offline
W
GWENA, I know Carlos. He is an employee of TB, not an owner. If I worked at Burger King and someone asked me the difference between there and McDonalds wouldnt I give reasons why I believe we have a better product? What is wrong taking pride in your establishment? Especially when he points out it might not be for everyone
If you are PO'd about the reputation the town is getting on this board (albeit undeservingly) dont take it out on a person that is proud of his job and his resort.

Re: Hotel help -1st time to Ambergris [Re: wasntme] #375470
05/03/10 08:28 PM
05/03/10 08:28 PM
San Pedro/Prescott
G
GwenA Offline
GwenA  Offline
G
Look back on the thread, I just pointed out who was who. I wasn't slamming anyone. I really think that the users and patrons of the different resorts should be the ones singing their praises. Even though I live here now and have stayed at a resort for years, even I am not doing that. read between the lines.
Who cares about a person that works for a resort trying to promote it. It won't tell anything to a patron or tourist. what you have posted says nothing, and I hope you enjoy Burger King and McDonalds.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,952
Posts489,712
Members19,932
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.